Advice on buying a pyrography woodburning kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on buying a pyrography woodburning kit

Wyatt wants to buy a Pyrography Woodburning Kit to get him back into his wood burning - mainly small plaques, and parts on his clocks etc etc... he is unsure which one to buy to start up with and has seen this one... any advice please?

Thanks.

Pauline

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Hi Pauline,

I think your friend is going to feel a bit limited by the tool he is looking at. Solid tips are good to start with but he might want to look at item 110682719988 on ebay. Its going for £1 more and is a hotwire machine - ie. it is the same as the one I've been happily using for years.
    Have a look. See what you think.

H.
    Helen

www.HRMCrafts.com

Comment

Ideally you need to get the wire tip ones. Those solid tip ones are really limiting as said. The wire ones tend to be more expensive but are worth the extra. The one in the other post is at half price at the moment and with all the extras is a bargain. Spare pen is £30 alone. I'd watch that one if I were you

Pete
      Last edited by bodrighy; 04-05-2011, 11:09 PM.
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

I agree with both Helen and Pete. The solid point machine is far too limiting in it's use. The Peter Child is a good machine and the firm is in the UK (Essex) which will mean getting spares like an extra pen (very useful) and wire points will be much easier. They are very pleasant to deal with - I bought one of their machines years ago and it still works well although I must admit I now use a Razertip (Canadian) and a Davan (Welsh) most of the time.

A Davan machine is a machine that I use and can recommend, but the gentleman who makes them is not on the Internet - it costs about £80. If you would like more information about it please feel free to PM me.
        Last edited by LesleyW; 04-05-2011, 11:50 PM.
        Lesley
        Wydon Crafts www.wydon.co.uk
        Bedfordshire

Comment

Off topic, Just seen your rope work. I haven't done much for a while but used to do a lot when at sea. Nice to see it isn't a dead craft.

Pete
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

Website

Comment

Thank you for your feedbacks which I have passed on the Wyatt. Much appreciated.

Pauline
            Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
              Off topic, Just seen your rope work. I haven't done much for a while but used to do a lot when at sea. Nice to see it isn't a dead craft.

Pete

Thanks, Pete, on behalf of my husband - he's the rope-man.

If you still have an interest in knotting did you know about the International Guild of Knot Tyers? www.igkt.net They're a nice bunch of people - Jeff is actually at their AGM at the moment near Coventry.
              Lesley
              Wydon Crafts www.wydon.co.uk
              Bedfordshire

Comment

Working...
              X