New Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Lathe

Woo Hoo .... at last I have just taken delivery of my new lathe and she is a beauty! I was using a fox mini lathe previously but had decided that I was tired of doing the small bowl and wanted to get my chisels into some bigger stuff. So £300 later and I have a new axminster AWVSL900 lathe that is not only bigger (seriously bigger!) but can also rotate the headstock for outboard turning! It took me and a neighbour to get it into my shed and onto the worktop but as soon as she was in there and bolted down I took her for a spin. As you can see fron the attached pics of my new 11" pedestal platter it does the job handsomely! I will now keep the mini lathe as a posrtable workhorse for when its nice outside or if I juat want to do some small work.
    Attached Files
    Asking me to make you a shelf is like asking Michealangelo to creosote your fence.

http://www.woodsweatandtrees.co.uk

Nice one Duke. I've heard good things about that lathe. Can I make a suggestion regarding the bowl? When you turn using a recess, put some rings into the recess, decorate it a little as it stops it looking like a recess and makes it into a feature. Apart from that it looks great. Decorative and practical.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

I normally would have but I have also got some bowl turning jaws ordered and wanted to try them out for removing the mounting recess altogether but they wont be delivered until next week and I was buggered if I would wait!! lol
      Asking me to make you a shelf is like asking Michealangelo to creosote your fence.

http://www.woodsweatandtrees.co.uk

Comment

I would leave the recess as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Turn That View Post
          I would leave the recess as it is.
          Why? Very few turners do that as it looks as though it has been unfinished

Pete
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
          X