which pens write on gloss paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which pens write on gloss paint

I've been using some lovely gloss paint for my wooden signs, but am struggling to find a permanent marker that writes smoothly on them. I had a Stabilo write-for-all pen (fine ponit) but this doesn't work on gloss - any suggestions ? I hand-write names and phrases, so need something that is fine, and rolls easily.

Hope somebody can help please ...
    www.designsbysally.co.uk
    [email protected]

Have you tried a Sharpie? They come in a range of colours and have fine or broader nibs. Don't know how well they would work for you but they do write on anything.
    Ali x

Etsy Shop: aliscraftstudio.etsy.com
    Facebook: AlisCraftStudio
    Follow me on Twitter:
    @AlisCraftStudio

Comment

You could try those pens they use for writing on CD's & DVD's once they are copied. Don't know if you want them that fine, but the print stays on the plastic.
      regards

Tam "now a hobby woodturner"

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. (John Ruskin 1819-1900)

Comment

I would have thought any type of 'permanent market pen' would work. You can generally pick colours of blue, black, green and red in any of the cheap and pound shops.

diane
        Diane
        www.tailormade.etsy.com

Comment

Have a look see if any of these would suit your purpose

Pete
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

Website

Comment

Brilliant - thank you for all of your replies.
            www.designsbysally.co.uk
            [email protected]

Comment

Working...
            X