Frames Arms???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frames Arms???

I am currently making a stand up mirror but am having trouble finding the arms that you use to stand it (as you would get on a photo frame, with a bracket attached so you can open and close it.). I have tried Ebay but haven't found anything - not sure what they're called though so have had trouble searching for them!). have also looked in places like Wilkos but can't find them anywhere. Can anyone help?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

why not go to a pound shop, buy a frame and take it off to use.
    Alternativltly a piece of chip board cut to shape and a hinge applied to the top would do it. I have never seen the back bits sold seperatly, perhaps you could contact a picture framer.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Do you meen plate stands?
      "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
      my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

No - I mean the wood stand that is attached by a bracket (which is attached the the mirror) which allows it to stand. You get them on photograph frames. I have thought of buying frames and removing them but when I tried this with a frame I already had, it was punched into the wood (not screwed). I can't do this myself (they must use a special machine) so have tried looking for screws, but it seems that nowhere sells 8mm screws either - nghtmare!!!
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I know this thread was ages ago, but if your still looking you can get them and all sorts of other picture framing bits from lion picture framing supplies ltd

www dot lionpic dot co dot uk

only problem is that its a trade supplier, so you have to spend at least £30 per order.
          www.wonkytoad.co.uk - Unusual Handcrafted Wooden Creations.

Comment

Thanks for that! Not sure that I need enough for a £30 order, but its handy to know should I ever get that busy!!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

My dad has a picture framing business, if you get stuck let me know the size you want and I'll force him at gun point to order you one from his supplier.

Comment

Working...
              X