Choice of wood for door hangers / plaques / boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice of wood for door hangers / plaques / boxes

I am trying to source wooden blank products in order to set up a personalized wooden gift business, and would be really grateful for some advice, as I'm overwhelmed with choices !
    Is poplar plywood (3mm) a reasonable material for door hangers, or is birch plywood better ? (I'll be customizing the hangers and re-selling).
    Also, what wood would anyone recommend for name plaques ?
    Is pinewood ok for trinket boxes?

Thank you in advance.
    www.designsbysally.co.uk
    [email protected]

Maple or Birch solid wood is ideal for pyrography etc, as its pale in colour and has a very even grain, if you are painting the items Poplar would be suitable. Take a look at the link below
    Wood for turning
    carving and craft projects,also various craft blanks visit http://thewoodshed.ecrater.com

Comment

Ordinary plywood often has voids in it and the centre wood is usually really cheap naff stuff. Birch ply is better. Better still is if you can get blanks of solid wood such as sycamore especially of you are pyroing it. Holly is lovely but pretty difficult to get hold of in any decent size.

Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
      X