Getting silly now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting silly now

I have been making crochet hooks for a lady and got down to 3mm for her. She then asked about 1mm hooks. Waaaaay to small in wood.
    Anyway she sent me her 1mm hooks and I did this instead.

The shaft is 1.5mm dia. tapering down to the 1mm hook, the wood is walnut and 5" long. Dia. varies but tapers down to 1.7mm where the shaft goes in. I drilled the hole then pared it down with 100 grit sandpaper as I didn't have the nerve to go that thin with a tool. Where the shaft enters the wood the thickness is well under .25mm
    Finished with Melamine for smoothness and durability.

I had to cut the shaft on the hook and grind the flat bit down. Hope she likes it or I owe her a new hook

SWMBO reckons it is much nicer to hold now as she (the missus) always gets cramp when holding these little needles.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Wow great work.....I know very little about this size crochet hook, but Im sure your customer will be so thrilled with this again fantastic work

kazxx

Comment

Ooohhh!!! That is fabulous! Lucky lady, and well done you.

Linda

Comment

I bet she will be thrilled with it. Having had cramp many times with small crochet hooks I know she will find this very easy to work with, a utensil and work of art all in one.

Well done.

BTW my mahogany plate arrived the other day and I keep looking at it wondering what design I can do to do it justice (and which side to use!) thank you.
        Diane
        Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam Angel View Post
          I bet she will be thrilled with it. Having had cramp many times with small crochet hooks I know she will find this very easy to work with, a utensil and work of art all in one.

Well done.
          Can't add anything to what Diane has already said... an absolutely work of art which will make the womans craft so much more comfortable for her, as well as having your work to admire. Well done.

Comment

A great example of thinking outside the box! Lovely work as usual and from the other comments it looks like you've found a gap in the market! Absolutely beautiful x
            Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

Poor old Bodrighy's having a really bad time with his ladies. (I've just asked him to do the impossible too )

"Now for your next job can you just turn me this bit of wood as fine as a spider's thread?" Ha ha ha ha ha bump fallen off me chair . Only joking....

Putting a handle on the hook was inspired.

AnnieAnna

Comment

Originally posted by AnnieAnna View Post
                Poor old Bodrighy's having a really bad time with his ladies. (I've just asked him to do the impossible too )

"Now for your next job can you just turn me this bit of wood as fine as a spider's thread?" Ha ha ha ha ha bump fallen off me chair . Only joking....

Putting a handle on the hook was inspired.

AnnieAnna
                With three daughters I am used to it I will get it done I will get it done I will get it done I will get it done

If I remember my history lessons weren't there things called a scold around at that time as well?

Pete
                "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                Facebook

Website

Comment

Your new tag line should be:
                  I can do the impossible in one day. miracles take two.

Comment

I think it looks like it would be really nice to work with.
                    View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Nice job there!
                      Cheers,
                      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
                      X