Something to make the pyros drool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to make the pyros drool?

I chopped a small sycamore tree down last week and have been playing with shapes and design ideas with it. The wood is almost pure white with a hint of grain. As yet these are unpolished, bare wood. I am thinking of having a go at dying as sycamore is supposedly really good for that and can produce some really amazing effects. Certainly the stark ,look of these is crying out for embellishment.
    I haven't measured them yet but they are about 6" tall and the egg is probably about 4" long. Need to work out how to use that one, possibly a suitable piece of driftwood or root?

He seems to like them

Suggestions welcome.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

These look great

Comment

WOW! That's clever!
      Sharon

Facebook - Silly Old Bear Crafts

Folksy - www.folksy.com/shops/SillyOldBear
      Blog - www.sillyoldbearcrafts.blogspot.com
      Website - www.kidsnewcastle.co.uk

Comment

Wow, they look like ceramic! Love the first one and love their starkness. IMO fab as is, no need for embellishment or dying (although v interested to see results of both embellishment and dying!!! )
        Terry xxx
        You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
        Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Mmmmm, blank wood...

Great work, I really really like those.

Si.
          Last edited by woodtattoos; 12-07-2009, 09:38 PM.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

They're beautiful and as Aviya said they look gorgeous as they are. i love the first one, the shape is beautiful. As soon as I saw the egg one I thought of one of those little bubbling pebble fountains with that as the centrepiece with water trickling out
            Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

I second Si's comment... all that lovely blank surface... mmmm!

I can see a woodland scene all round, or maybe an oval with flowers, or, of ourse, a nice dragon! Everything's better with dragons on...
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

ooh I love them as they are, all natural and new! would love to see the effects of dying though!! Oops, as in colour of course
                Diane
                Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Working...
                X