Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good bye jewellery, hello burning! - Supplies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good bye jewellery, hello burning! - Supplies!

I have decided to forget my jewellery for the nexr couple of months and concentrate on the pyro. The fair i was at yesterday was so rubbish. First time iv not sold anything! A lot of people noticed the few pyro stuff that i had out so i am going to try that on for size now.

Thing is iv always had problems finding supplies when it comes to pyro stuff. I dont want wood shapes! I want mirrors, nice rustic things like frames/flat plaques etc etc. Im going to be spending my monthly budget on pyro stuff now, not jewellery so i am going to buy in a load of supplies!

Also a printer! Good investment i think.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

ooh how exciting trying something new! would love to see some of your pyro work!! x

Comment

ooh just checked your site and saw ya stuff on there nice work!!

Comment

There's Craft Supplies in Bradwell, Derbyshire. I'm no expert on wood supplies, so I don't know if they'll have the things you're looking for, but I've been there with OH, who likes making guitars, and they have all sorts of things for wood crafts. If you're not familiar with them, they may be worth checking out.

Just found the link http://www.craft-supplies.co.uk/artvenners/
        Celia
        I can't be creative and tidy too
        www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
        The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
        Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Good luck with the pyro stuff. Hope it goes better for you than the jewellery!
          View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

One of the best places for pyrography blanks is Janik in Derbyshire (they do a good mail order service) www.wood-supplies.co.uk
            Kate
            www.cuckoos-nest-fairs.co.uk

Comment

You could always use the woodworkers on here to make blanks for you. Chris from Works-in-Wood makes untreated wooden items for pyro use. V2Steve and bodrighy also make really nice items. If you have something specific in mind, why not try them?

Otherwise, it's a case of shopping around to see if you can find suitable items that are not varnished or coated with some horrible finish.

Si.
              Wood Tattoos
              Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
              Facebook
              Flickr
              Twitter

Comment

Good luck with your new 'style'! Shopping around is fun anyway, right?
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ancient Wisdom sell brushes and stuff - they used to sell chinese boxes but it looks like they stopped stocking them
                  Chris xx
                  My Website
                  My Blog

Comment

Hi Amy,

Just looked at your site and your pyro work is brill!! Love the daisy bookmark and the keyrings!
                    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I hope you have fun and good luck with your pyrography. Your jewellery is gorgeous too though
                      Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

We've just started out in pyro and got a batch of stuff from woodworkcraftsupplies. Sorry can't put in the complete URL as we haven't done 25 posts yet but if you google it it's on the first page position 1. Some of it's good, some not quite as useful. If you've a QD round your way have a look in there as we got some good boxes cheap. Wilkinsons (again if you have one) is good for spoons if you're after that sort of thing.
                        David & Catherine

Comment

Working...
                        X