Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who makes doll houses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • For anyone who makes doll houses

    One of the things that I do is make 1/12th scale items for dolls houses and collectors. Thought I'd post some to see what any of you think.



    Just had a thought. I also make lace bobbins. Don't know if anyone on here does lace work,
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

    Website


  • #2
    Oh, they're lovely!
    Cheers,
    Scorch

    Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Scorch, thought this one was being bypassed They're good fun to make and use up a lot of offcuts into the bargain.

      Pete
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

      Website

      Comment


      • #4
        These are lovely... you must have sooo much patience!!

        Shame my dolls house is 1/18th scale and in desperate need of renovation.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
          These are lovely... you must have sooo much patience!!

          Shame my dolls house is 1/18th scale and in desperate need of renovation.
          Blimey that's small. 1/12th is the usual size for these things and that's small enough. 1/18th would be a bit of a challenge.

          Pete
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

          Website

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
            Blimey that's small. 1/12th is the usual size for these things and that's small enough. 1/18th would be a bit of a challenge.

            Pete
            Yes, everything in it is tiny... my dad made dolls house 20+ years ago, decorated it all, made the furniture, etc - these days he doesn't have the patience for this sort of thing!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Really good Bodrighty.
              You must have some really small tools..... Lol
              I was flicking through your album on photobucket and wow you are really talented.
              Puts my work to shame mate.

              Respect...
              Last edited by V2Steve; 11-06-2009, 04:34 PM.
              Please pass the word.

              https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valewoodturner/135543009799667


              http://valewoodturner.blogspot.co.uk/

              " 200 years of family tradition continued in the only way I know how. "

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by V2Steve View Post
                Really good Bodrighty.
                You must have some really small tools..... Lol

                Respect...

                Not to mention great eyesight!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sparkysdad View Post
                  Not to mention great eyesight!
                  Funny you should say eyesight i have just got back from chooseing my first ever pair of glasses. Hated every minute of it Lol....

                  Its my age........
                  Please pass the word.

                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valewoodturner/135543009799667


                  http://valewoodturner.blogspot.co.uk/

                  " 200 years of family tradition continued in the only way I know how. "

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by V2Steve View Post
                    Funny you should say eyesight i have just got back from chooseing my first ever pair of glasses. Hated every minute of it Lol....

                    Its my age........
                    Don't fret it.. I started wearing glasses for working on the computer when I was 28... but I am now 47, and the past 3 eye tests have declared 20/20 vision!! it doesnt always get worse!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I started wearing glasses when I was 5 so it's not that bad! At least you didn't spend your early school days being called 4-eyes (oh how original!). Great work, and a good use of the off cuts. I have a friend who has a 1/12th scale dolls house. Not sure whether there is any new stuff she needs for it though.
                      View my flickr

                      'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Oh, here's athought - I have some lovely wooden earrings that are just miniature spindle-turned shapes like ornate chairlegs or lamp bases. Glued into cup-type bead holder caps and attached to ordinary earwires. Bet you could make those...
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

                        Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                        Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Scorch View Post
                          Oh, here's athought - I have some lovely wooden earrings that are just miniature spindle-turned shapes like ornate chairlegs or lamp bases. Glued into cup-type bead holder caps and attached to ordinary earwires. Bet you could make those...

                          I've got the findings to make some jewellery but haven't got around to actually doing any. Something like this or this I presume you mean (These aren't my work)

                          Yes I could do these but there are so many good jewellery makers in the craft market I've not got around to it.

                          Pete
                          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                          Facebook

                          Website

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X