Can anyone make tiny hearts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone make tiny hearts?

I may be after the impossible - I'm plotting some new jewellery and would need very small hearts (about 15mm) but want them flat backed and ideally rounded at the front. Darkish wood best, and varnished if possible.
    Whaddaya think?? (is aware may be asking for moon on a stick!)
    Thanks, Lydia
    www.silversaurus.co.uk

hi Lydia

I came across this for you www . craftshapes.co.uk/cat_hearts.htm there are quite a few to choose from but none appear to be round at the front.

hope this might help you

dave
    www.woodadoodle.co.uk

Comment

thanks Dave, I might well get these, I'm hoping someone can do them 3d if you get my drift - but am sure these will be fine if not. Thanks again! x
      www.silversaurus.co.uk

Comment

To make something like that in wood without special cutters would take so long it would jack the price right up. If you can get them commercially I rekon you'd be better off money wise. If anyone else knows better I'm sure they'll get back to you.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

There are lots of people who do fabulous polymer clay wood...maybe they could make a roll of it & you could push it into heart moulds and cook them all together (would keep the cost down)
          Nic x
          **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
          Different prize every month
          Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
          PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

I feared that'd be the case Pete!
            Good tip about the polymer, think I'll be going the flat route though.
            Thank you! x
            www.silversaurus.co.uk

Comment

3D hearts

Hi again,

i think i may have found some for you http://woodwonderland.co.uk/heart-size-11cm-p-77.html ive never used this company so cant say if they are good or bad.

i hope this helps you some more

Kind regards

Dave
              www.woodadoodle.co.uk

Comment

i just realised i gave u the link to the hearts that are too large

here is the correct link

http://woodwonderland.co.uk/heart-size-45cm-p-70.html

they are 50mm by 45mm not 45cm like the link suggest - i know they are still like 3 times bigger than what you are after tho

dave
                www.woodadoodle.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X