Different style?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different style?

I love making goblets but tend to make thin stemmed ones. I started this one fully intending to go that way but decided to try something different to'get out of the rut.'

It's cherry wood and stands 7" high. It turned on centre (if that means anything to you) and is natural edged (that means it has the natural wood around the edge at the top.

Still trying to make my mind up whether I like it or not. Thoughts welcome
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

I do like that. You've got me on two levels, 1. It's made of wood and I love objects made of wood and 2. It's an unusual design and I do like anything out of the ordinary.
    www.corrigancards.com

A mind is like a parachute........it only functions when open

Comment

Very nice! I love the wood and I much prefer chunky over thin stemmed anything!
      Terry xxx
      You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
      Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by Aviya Glass View Post
        Very nice! I love the wood and I much prefer chunky over thin stemmed anything!
        Things like this?

Offcut of walnut, 4 high bowl dia. 2" I tried to base the design on a sort of Georgian look.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

It is most definitely different - a sure talking point and an object d'art. A wonderful piece of work which I like very much.

Linda

Comment

I love it, it looks very natural yet well made if that makes sense.
            I can easily see someone drinking form it in an episode of Robin Hood.
            Last edited by Seahorse; 10-05-2009, 08:51 PM. Reason: I can't spell
            https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
              I love it, it looks very natural yet well made if that makes sense.
              I can easily see someone drinking form it in an episode of Robin Hood.

Robin Wood has that market all tied up I'm afraid. he turns in the traditional way on a pole lathe. I am lazy and use an electric one though I am looking out for an old sewing machine to try and make a treadle one.

pete
              Facebook

Website

Comment

A little bit Dahli, I think... but very beautiful!
                "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
                Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
                http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
                  A little bit Dahli, I think... but very beautiful!
                  Dahli is possibly my favourite artist so I take that as a huge compliment Thank you

Pete
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Really like the design, very natural and organic-looking.

Helena xx

Comment

Very organic, I think it is beautiful, I know three woodturners so really do appreciate the work that goes into wood. Also I can imagine how tactile it is too.

Well done.
                      Diane
                      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Oooh, pretty, pretty! Lovely design, nice work...

Though I like the "chunky" one too - but I confess that I have a itch in my fingers to pyrograph an oakleaf pattern round it!
                        Cheers,
                        Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                        Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Like the first one quite curly and flirty, almost like a cala lily... would look excellent at a garden party
                          http://www.justgiving.com/renata-harris (1/2 marathons for World Society for the Protection of Animals)
                          http://flashsparkle.blogspot.com Vegan cookery

Comment

Originally posted by RenataHarris View Post
                            Like the first one quite curly and flirty, almost like a cala lily... would look excellent at a garden party
                            I've done afew of hese and am thinking of making a series of them and calling them Chantrell Goblets as they remind me a lot of the mushroom.

Pete
                            Facebook

Website

Comment

Beautiful, there's something very etherial about it - I really like it.
                              www.silverflock.com - Handmade fine silver jewellery
                              www.emmajacob.com - Illustration

Comment

Working...
                              X