Inlace inlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlace inlay

Have any of you guys ever used Inlace inlay? - looks like a nice effect - quite pricey but they say it goes a long way.

http://www.turners-retreat.co.uk/inl...t-and-dyes.htm

No and as you say it is expensive. What I do use is different coloured sawdust mix with epoxy, brass and aluminium dust, brass filings that I get from keycutters ( they are usually quite happy to keep it back for you at the end of the day). The latter is quite coarse and is useful for a textured effect. You can also mix wood dye with glue and use that. Another trick is dried coffee grounds. Apparently you can use coffee powder though I've not tried that myself

This piece has an inlay with mahogany sawdust.

Hope this helps

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Hi pete
      Thankyou for your usual prompt and informative reply...

and Thanks for the tip, its probaly a lot more affordable your way too - your work looks amazing.

Is ther no end to the knowledge and tallents of this man !!!!

Comment

Tried to give you Rep Pete but apparently I have to spead it around a little first

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
          Hi pete
          Thankyou for your usual prompt and informative reply...

and Thanks for the tip, its probaly a lot more affordable your way too - your work looks amazing.

Is ther no end to the knowledge and tallents of this man !!!!
          YES I hate washing up and aren't very good at it, can't draw a straight line wit or without a ruler let alone a picture, can't sew, (I can do rugs ) or anything with fabric. I am sure Sue could extend the list

Pete

P.S. What are these reps?
          "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
          Facebook

Website

Comment

Its those little green blocks that appear in the top right corner of your posts - your "reputaltion" - I think you get some automatically when you hit so many posts and other members can award them to you if they feel you have been of help or deserve them in some other way - you can award them by clicking on the scales logo in top right of somebody elses post - there is more about it on the FAQ page i believe

Comment

Working...
            X