X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running costs

Hello All

dont laugh!!!

Has anybody been bored enough to work out the running costs of their pyro machine - on the speck it says that my Peter Childs power consumption is 30watts

i went on a website where you can work out the running costs of appliances by putting in the wattage, pence per kilowatt and hours used and it said it cost about 60p for 100 hours - that cant be right can it? if so thats great

yeah... ok ....Im obsessed...

cheers N

I've no idea unfortunately, but here's another calculator to double-check your figures with:
    http://www.ukpower.co.uk/running-costs-elec2.asp

HTH!
    Carol

Resin jewellery, encaustic art paintings & gifts | Twitter!

Comment

Your'e not obsessed at all!!

All these costs have an add on to the overall cost of producing your items and must be borne in the selling price.

Sorry I can't help though

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

In a hundred hours at 30 watts that's 3 units of electricity - depending on which tariff and standing charge you're on it could be less than 60p.
        ElaineJ soap and other stuff
        website
        blog

Comment

Thats great - so the cost are really very small - it just crossed my mind that it could be costing a small fortune - what with the rising cost of living and the cost to the environment etc....

Comment

After Double checking it seems on my Tarriff it will cost me 51p for 100 hours - and im guessing that 30 watts is what it consumes at full blast - dial setting 10 - Bargain

Comment

For comparison - if you boil your kettle for a cuppa once an hour you'll be using around the same amount of electricity as your pyrography machine.
              ElaineJ soap and other stuff
              website
              blog

Comment

so you can boil your kettle 100 times for 50p - i thought it was more expencive than that.... time for a cuppa in that case !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X