Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D letters wanted

Hi

I am looking for large 3D letters in either wood or cardboard to decorate - I cannot find them anywhere any suggestions?

Thanks

G

Hiya
    I have seen these MDF letters to decorate;
    http://www.reallylindabarker.co.uk/t...f_letters.aspx
    £5.50 each.
    Hope that helps?

Comment

3d letters

Hi

Thanks for the link - I have managed to source these ones - but it's ones that look like actual boxes so that they can stand up as opposed to leaning against something.

Thanks

G

Comment

Hi How big do you want the letters to be, and how deep. For instance, in wood, if you simply want them to stand on edge, then a depth of 12 to 18 mm should suffice, but if you want a more sturdy type, then you would have to use a thicker piece of wood.

if you post this information, it may help you to get the replies you are after. The more information the better.

I ask the question, as I recently made a large house number for a customer. Although this particular item was to be fixed to a wall, it did stand upright on its own, so presumably letters would do the same.

cheers
        JOHN
        www.jbwoodcraft.co.uk

Comment

we've just had quite big mache letters come in to our hobbycraft shop
          www.sunrisecards.co.uk
          http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...5877781?ref=ts
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/sunris...all&ref=search

Comment

I am looking for quite a sturdy size - probably about 2-3cm depth - I have seen these online but were £4 each - which is way to expensive and I think it would be too expensive if they were made in wood - I love the sound of the paper maiche ones.

Thanks

Comment

Hello G

If your still stuck I cut mdf letters from as little as 50mm to 700m high and from 4mm to 18mm thick. If you want thicker just glue them together. Have a look in my gallery for some samples.

Roger

Comment

If you want them to stand up, you could always use thin wood/mdf, but glue thick blocks onto them at the back? In fact, half-blocks can be better still - right-angled triangles, y'know?
                Cheers,
                Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

3D Letters and How to Make them at home.

We make 3D letters for Shop Front Signs and also supply them for the general public. I have put up a blog post on how you could make your own. I shall put some videos up and some images for you to view to get some ideas.

www dot arro-signs dot co dot uk/blog/how-to-make-3d-letters-for-the-home/

Comment

In hobby craft they have paper mache 8" high free standing letters. £2 each These are some iv made

Comment

we do some if it helps in mdf
                      check our facebook
                      Mr-mdf Shapes
                      Mr-mdf Shapes facebook

Comment

Decopatch have a range of 3D Paper Mache letters in 10.5cm, 20.5cm and 50cm heights. They are free-standing. Perhaps these would work?
                        COUNTRY LOVE CRAFTS - 01235 861700
                        Ceramic Supplies, Craft Blanks, Acrylic Paints, Decopatch and Much More! Global shipping. Speedy Deliveries.
                        Facebook * Twitter * Website * E-mail *

Comment

Working...
                        X