Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decorating Painted Wood Shapes

Hi

I've painted some wood shapes (hearts, rectangles etc) but would like to decorate them with a small all-over design such as spots or tiny hearts.

However I don't know how to get a uniform size & smooth edge to the spots/hearts. Doing them freehand is too messy & irregular.

Do you think a stencil would be ok - or would the paint look too faded as stencilling paint has to be quite dry on the brush.

Would a rubber stamp be better & if so would it be better to use ink or paint? I think I'd have to have a stamp custom made to get several dots/hearts on at once.

I'm desperate to get going on this project so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks

Sharon

I've added tiny dots of paint onto wooden dolls house furniture with the tip of a cocktail stick, which was easy and came out very neat.
    Would the top end of a paintbrush work? Good luck
    Facebook page, Cottage Charms & Cards: http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...20677888001883

Comment

Agree with Nettie

I use kebab sticks to make the dots and I use acrylic paints. Infact I am off downstairs to start work with evening putting spots onto a wooden picture frame....thanks Auntie Peg xxxd

Comment

Hi
        Another idea is to use an embossing stylus( think thats what they are called)You can then vary the size of your dots. hope this helps
        kazxx

Comment

painted shapes

Thanks everyone - will try all ideas out to see what's best.

Haven't heard of embossing stylus - will do a search for them.

Cheers

Sharon

Comment

by the way you are asking what to use, paint or ink, for me paint is much more better than ink, ink usually fades easily specially when watered accidentally.. and by the way used home made rubber stamps for little details like hearts..
            Wooden Toy Parts |Spindles & Finials | Wooden Shaker Pegs

Comment

Working...
            X