Help with wood crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with wood crafts

Hi guys – hope you can help, I have some queries on decorating wood shapes.

When looking for acrylic paint I noticed that there are so many out there and wondered if there are some better than others and at a good cost of course! Are there any brushes that are particularly good for applying to wood whether it be using acrylic paint or emulsion. I have seen some paint effect edging on some wooden crafts and wonder how you achieve this – is it with a sponge?

Sorry for all the questions – any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Lucy

Hiya!

There's loads of suppliers of acrylic paints, and you can get them at a really good price from places like Bookworld & County Bookshops. But I'd go for the big artist's plastic tubes, not the tiny metal ones - in my experience, those little "gimmicky" ones aren't as good as the proper artist's stuff - they can rub off. I bought my set from WHS in the sale years & years ago, and have topped it up with extra colours by Reeves, Windsor & Newton & so on from such places as I've found them.

I like small flat nylon brushes for painting, and I confess that I buy those from the cheapo bookshops too! The foam brushes are great for covering a big area, but they are kinda wasteful in paint...

No clue about edging effects - sorry!
    Cheers,
    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Might I suggest you go to your nearest craft store and ask them, they will stock lots of brushes and paints and may be able to help you out.
      Diane
      Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Scorch and Diane for your repiles - I appreciated it!

Lucy
        x

Comment

Happy to help! Best of luck...
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
          Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Working...
          X