Using wood/twigs....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using wood/twigs....

On occasion i have made things using twigs. Usually using them as a frame for a dream catcher or a web type hanging using wool or something. Iv never treated the wood with anything.

If i were to do this but make stuff to sell to people i would need to treat the wood wouldnt i? So it lasted longer.

What would i use.
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Years ago, I used to make concrete garden ornaments and after I'd let them dry out, I gave them a liberal coating of Thompson's Water Seal, to prevent frost damage.
    Thompsons also do a total wood protection, clear or tinted, which should be available at B&Q and similar stores.
    Life's not a race, do take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.

Sue

Bags Embroidery & Knitting

Comment

You could just give them a coat of varnish, making sure they're properly dry first. I use water-based indoor varnish, and that works fine.
      Cheers,
      Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
      Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Danish oil would be a good choice, it wouldn't detract form the natural colour of the piece, yet would protect it
        Wood crafting is a lost art, which can seen in the timeless beauty of solid oak furniture

Comment

Working...
        X