50th Birthday guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50th Birthday guitar

Not sure if this fits as a 'craft' project but here goes. A very close friend celebrated his 50th birthday earlier this year and to show our appreciation our small circle suggested a personalized guitar for him. I was asked if I would make the guitar if everyone else paid for the materials. (quality tone wood and other materials can be very expensive). I jumped at the chance and as he is a motorcycle fan I tried to incorporate this as a theme. Here is the finished article.

Fred.

DSC_0483.JPG

DSC_0420.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

DSC_0445.JPG

DSC_0462.JPG

DSC_0470.JPG

MouseDSC_0428.jpg
    Last edited by Pegu 17; 24-07-2020, 11:48 PM.

No pics Fred unfortunately 🤷🏻‍♂️...

Dave.

Comment

Thanks Dave..... Can you see them now?

Comment

Fred - firstly, I can see the photos, no problem.
        Secondly - what do you mean "not a craft project"!!! It's fabulous - I'm no musician, but I know that there is much more to making instruments than gluing a few bits of wood together - and I love that you've included one of your cute little mice in it! There are a multitude of skills involved in what you've done, and that's before the personalisation you've included. You are a very talented crafter and I am sure your friend is over the moon with such a wonderful birthday gift.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by craftdancer2 View Post
          I am sure your friend is over the moon with such a wonderful birthday gift.

Linda
          Thanks Linda, I managed to get it finished on time and we handed it over just before lockdown. Apparently, his wife says she has forgotten what he looks like without it.

Comment

That's utterly wonderful! What an amazing project - and I love the mouse
            george
            www.mizgeorge.co.uk
            www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
            www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by Pegu 17 View Post
              Thanks Dave..... Can you see them now?
              Yes Fred, great job 👏🏻👏🏻

Comment

Wow, thats amazing and it is definitely craft with a capitol C.
                The making of musical instruments combines so many skills, truly a Renaissance skill.
                Love the mouse, a modern day version of Mouseman.
                Well done, I am sure your friends were over the moon with your effort and I am not surprised the birthday boy hasn't put it down.

Shelley

Comment

Fred that's a fabulous craft project. the recipient must have been thrilled with it.

Mo.XX
                  Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                  Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                  www.bodrighy.co.uk
                  https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind words. The mice have been breeding like rabbits and are getting everywhere. There's no cheese left in the fridge and my wife is convinced they're set on world domination.

Baby.jpg

They don't stay babies for long.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegu 17 View Post
                      Thanks everyone for your kind words. The mice have been breeding like rabbits and are getting everywhere. There's no cheese left in the fridge and my wife is convinced they're set on world domination.

Baby.jpg

They don't stay babies for long.
                      ROTFLMAO!

Linda

Comment

Working...
                      X