More lock down pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More lock down pieces

Surprising how many things we are making here due to the lockdown. No distractions and thoroughly enjoying ourselves. I have been going through piles of wood I forgot and pieces that were either not finished or rejected and here are some of the items that have come out the other end. Plenty more but that'll do for now LOL. Always prided myself on not doing bowls as well.
    Attached Files
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Very beautiful Pete. The pictures work well.

Shelley

Comment

Thank you Shelley
      "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
      Facebook

Website

Comment

Very nice work. What woods are these made from? The tall goblet/bowl looks like Oak but quite an interesting pattern in the wood.

Looking forward to seeing some of the other pieces.

Fred.

Comment

Great bit of work Pete. The last bowl, is that the colour of the grain or have you infilled the gaps in the grain with coloured resin?

Dave.

Comment

From the left the woods are:- Silver birch burr, cedar with gilt leaf on the ede of the split, spalted elm and oak with glass frit infill in the splits. I don't use resin Dave I use either glass frit or metal powders and low viscosity industrial CA glue. That way the finish looks like glass or metal. Using resin it comes out looking more like plastic.

Pete
            Facebook

Website

Comment

They're all beautiful - very hard to choose a favourite, but if I had to, it's probably the elm bowl. Lovely to see some new stuff from you
              george
              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                From the left the woods are:- Silver birch burr, cedar with gilt leaf on the ede of the split, spalted elm and oak with glass frit infill in the splits. I don't use resin Dave I use either glass frit or metal powders and low viscosity industrial CA glue. That way the finish looks like glass or metal. Using resin it comes out looking more like plastic.

Pete
                Thank you, I just love your craftsmanship Pete 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dave.

Comment

Stunning creations as always Pete

Comment

More beautifully crafted artistic pieces from Bodrighy Wood - they are definitely one off focus pieces

Linda

Comment

Working...
                    X