Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to achieve this effect on wood?

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me how I would go about achieving the following effect on wood? It looks like a stencil, but not sure how I would achieve such a stencil by hand.

IMG_2980.jpg

Yes I do think its a stencil. You could buy a stencil set and put the letters together to say what you want or you can buy some Mylar and cut out the letters to make your own stencils with just the words you want.

Shelley

Comment

Its definitely a stencil, that’s why the o, a, e, loops have small gaps, to stop the centres dropping out after they have been cut.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Are there any tools that will cut out letters, such as stamp/cutters that would cut out letter rather than doing it by hand?

Thanks!

Comment

If you know someone with an electronic cutting machine then they can do it for you.

Comment

I think I will give stencils a go. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on stenciling - is there a way of making sure each letter has the same amount of space between them? Is it better to have individually cut letter stencils, or ones on a strip?

Thanks!

Comment

Print it out in Word, Publisher or Inkscape ( Which is free to download) and it will automatically space it for you.

Comment

You can buy interlocking stencils that solve the spacing problem. Like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Professiona...ateway&sr=8-14

There many other fonts and styles to chose from.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
                  X