Buying fabric from overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MustardS View Post
    Thank you for the 'cuckoo's nest' explanation; I've been mulling that over for a few days!
    The other aspect of cuckoos, of course, is that they use other birds to their own advantage, foisting their eggs upon them without as much as a by-your-leave, leaving them to do all the hard work ...

From now on, I for one will examine member's posting histories before spending time on a useful response to what might be a cuckoo's egg of a question ...

Comment

Don't forget that useful information remains useful and valuable to others whether the OP posts again or not. I've been looking on forums recently for information about a non-craft related matter and never had to post a question at all as the answers were already out there.

Originally posted by eena View Post
      And the occurrence of half-term holidays - now well over - and the (theorised) presence or absence of children has precisely what to do with any of this?
      Sorry I should not have assumed what I was saying was obvious - in plain English I was suggesting her absence may have been due to her being on holiday as many people go away during half term if they have school aged children.

It was a possible explanation, along with many other explanations I can think of that give the OP the benefit of the doubt rather than automatically thinking the worst of them. If they were planning on responding they probably thought twice about it when they read that sarky post mind you.

Earlier this week a member wrote that one of the best things about this forum is how people are happy to offer help and advice with 'no strings attached'.
      Last edited by nattynetty; 26-02-2014, 10:22 PM.
      Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
        Don't forget that useful information remains useful and valuable to others whether the OP posts again or not. I've been looking on forums recently for information about a non-craft related matter and never had to post a question at all as the answers were already out there.

Earlier this week a member wrote that one of the best things about this forum is how people are happy to offer help and advice with 'no strings attached'.
        Couldn't agree more! I find other people's questions useful and interesting and have learnt so much from finding links and information to help others out.

Of course it's nice when OPs come back to join in the conversation, but I can understand why they've been scared off.
        Happywrap - Reusable Fabric Gift Wrap

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/happywrap

Comment

Well, I shan't be making any more concerted efforts to post helpful responses to people who have a history of ignoring such answers, that's for sure.

It is not the first time the OP has posted a question, received prompt and helpful responses and totally ignored them.

Such posters, if they are not bots, are no better than bots.

For what purpose, I wonder?

I also still fail to see why the presence or absence of children in the home is any excuse whatsoever, for anyone at all, to ignore common courtesy.

Posters - supposed 'members' - leeching - yes, leeching - off the good nature and curiousity of other, genuine, participating members are becoming endemic here.

Such as the 'member' who was posting searchable photos on their own monetarised site, which consisted of copyrighted information stolen from elsewhere, . Sorry, buster, ain't falling for that one ...

Both I and Caroleecrafts remarked in this thread about the promotion of a suspicious and illegal website; this was noted by a mod but three weeks later zilch has been done about it. The links are still there, the site is still illegal and the mods post asking the OP for an explanation is still there, unanswered.

This forum could be a much more valuable resource for UK crafters than it is at present, IF there was the will.

Comment

Actually I thought I had done it.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I buy the odd bit from overseas through eBay but it's pot luck as to whether it gets stuck ages in customs and attracts charges. I haven't had any bad fabrics but still prefer to use UK sellers if possible. I really like some of the American designers too
              www.loveintheclouds.co.uk
              Kids and Adoption Gifts and Blog
              Also looking for crafters who would like to sell personalised adoption gifts through my site

Comment

Working...
              X