Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new gadget!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My new gadget!!

    I recently won a button covering machine on ebay (my mum said she would buy one for my birthday) and it arrived today.

    OMG ... it's fu-fu-fab!!!!

    I've been wanting some of my squidy bags to have matching fabric buttons, and even bought some of those button-covering kit thingies, but they involve hand-sewing, which I don't do ... me and hand-sewing just do not mix!

    Ohhhhh I've just got round to having a play and have made a bag with some Cath Kidston fabric and have made fabric buttons to match!!! It's so luverly ... I want to make loads of buttons now!

    I'm thinking of having a little side-line and offering it as a service to people for a small fee. They post me their fabric and I send them back some buttons. The only downside to that is, I don't really want to give out my home address so I'm going to look into getting a PO box address.

    Don't the silliest of things make us happy!





    Just looked into getting a PO box address .... how much?!?!?! Shan't be doing that then!
    Last edited by JBJB; 15-01-2008, 10:28 PM.
    Blog Website Flickr

  • #2
    Your as bad as me when i get a new toy lol have fun playing with it



    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It

    Comment


    • #3
      I think all craft nuts like us are the same - when ever we order a new thingy we are so excited.

      Cheers.

      Lisa

      Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JBJB View Post

        I'm thinking of having a little side-line and offering it as a service to people for a small fee. They post me their fabric and I send them back some buttons. The only downside to that is, I don't really want to give out my home address so I'm going to look into getting a PO box address.
        That's a great idea, but i'd be the same about the address. Saying that I didn't have my address on my website till someone pointed out it has to be on there . But I have it very small and you'd have to search to find it!

        You will have to post some pics of the new button bag.
        incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
        ___

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by incywincy View Post
          That's a great idea, but i'd be the same about the address. Saying that I didn't have my address on my website till someone pointed out it has to be on there . But I have it very small and you'd have to search to find it!

          You will have to post some pics of the new button bag.
          Why does your address have to be on your website?

          Yeah, one of the reasons I am not quite sure about selling on the interweb is because I do not want to give out my address to anyone

          BTW Incy - I know where you live - tee hee.......

          <hoping that's not too creepy, I have no intention of using that information for evil>
          www.beadlab.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Its uk law that you have a phone number and address on the site..

            People shouldn't worry about putting a address on a web site as ****mers are far to lazy to be bothered with that sort of info..

            If you own a site then the url is register to a address.. To get hold of someones full name and address is so easy that this would be the last thing i'd worry about...

            Worry far more about downloading anything that free and your emails/paypal/ebay/online bank accounts.. !!!!
            .


            Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
            (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

            Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pebbles View Post
              Why does your address have to be on your website?

              Yeah, one of the reasons I am not quite sure about selling on the interweb is because I do not want to give out my address to anyone

              BTW Incy - I know where you live - tee hee.......

              <hoping that's not too creepy, I have no intention of using that information for evil>
              Lol. A bit far pebbles, but your always welcome to pop round for a cuppa
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

              Comment


              • #8
                Ohhhh, button covering machine.

                I `ve got to get me one of those. I have this stupid plastic thing but it never works properly.


                Love sewing gadgets.

                I bought an electric rotary cutter. I tried it out and have been to chicken to use it since. It`s rather sharp!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I've decided I really want a button covering machine
                  Are they expensive?
                  I can't find any on eBay, unless I'm looking in totally the wrong place
                  incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                  ___

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    buying sewing machines

                    Hi all!
                    I was given a duplicate gift - a brand new Singer Futura ce200. I can not return it, and do not need it and want to sell it through a forum or spe******t website. Can anyone recommend a good place for me to go and do this?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X