Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beadsbydesign
    Super Moderator
    Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
    • Jan 2006

Finish Your Quilt Challenge

Indri, Mo and Carol have all confessed to having unfinished quilt in recent weeks. So this is my challenge to you and anyone else who has one lurking "finish your quilt and share the process"

I am really looking forward to seeing them all.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.
  • beadsbydesign
    Super Moderator
    Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
    • Jan 2006

Just to qualify.... Indri, I know yours is a cushion, but that does not excuse you!!
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

• indri
      Super Moderator
      • Jan 2007

I have been a good girl and posted photo updates..... I'm not a total loser pooser. Oh, and I need to make some more hexagons because my cushion cover won't be big enough otherwise!
      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

• bodrighy
        Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
        • Mar 2009

I can report that Mo has started finishing her quilt. Reckons that she is about half way so only another 20+ years to go.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

• Critchley
          Super Moderator
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
          I can report that Mo has started finishing her quilt. Reckons that she is about half way so only another 20+ years to go.

Pete
          Tell her I am familiar with that feeling.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• indri
            Super Moderator
            • Jan 2007

I've just had another look at my cushion (thinking I'd better get it finished or I'll be strung up) and I now think that I don't need to make loads more hexagons. Hooray!!! I'll post a pic of it so far in a bit.
            View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

• indri
              Super Moderator
              • Jan 2007

View my flickr

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
                • Feb 2010

LOL No idea where Pete got "she's half way" from ????? It's supposed to be a king size bed quilt and currently measures 900 x 800mm max ! It's small hexagons like Indri's and all hand sewn. I won't live long enough at the present rate of progress to finish it, though I have sewn in six new hexagons this week. The middle finger of my right hand thinks I have done a hundred, I just don't get on with a thimble.

Will see if I can get a photo up to show you my efforts.

Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

• indri
                  Super Moderator
                  • Jan 2007

Wow Mo, I don't think I could do these small hexagons on a king size quilt!! The cushion takes long enough!
                  View my flickr

Comment

• Critchley
                    Super Moderator
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                    LOL No idea where Pete got "she's half way" from ????? It's supposed to be a king size bed quilt and currently measures 900 x 800mm max ! It's small hexagons like Indri's and all hand sewn. I won't live long enough at the present rate of progress to finish it, though I have sewn in six new hexagons this week. The middle finger of my right hand thinks I have done a hundred, I just don't get on with a thimble.

Will see if I can get a photo up to show you my efforts.

Mo.XX
                    It soundjust right for a lap quilt Mo.
                    Carol

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
                      • Feb 2010

Here it is so far.......

Mo.XX
                      Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                      Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                      www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

• indri
                        Super Moderator
                        • Jan 2007

Your quilt looks amaing already! You really will have to pull your finger out! I've managed to sew on an extra 3 hexagons tonight. I have another 5 to sew on and then I'll have to stick the cushion inside to see if it'll be big enough. I'll try to finish it by the end of the month.
                        View my flickr

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
                          • Feb 2010

Decided that I shouldn't do it while drinking half a bottle of red wine as I did Tuesday night. Got it out tonight and realised the last hexagon was inserted back to front and with the open side stitched up to the next hexagon. Wondered why it wouldn't lie flat LOL So tonight it was unpicking time.

Mo.XX
                          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                          www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

• Critchley
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jun 2008

If you are making a full size quilt that is def. a lifes work. Its lovely Mo. Had you cut out enough of your hexigons to finish it or could you make it smaller if you wanted to? It will be so worthwhile trying to complete. Love the design.
                            Carol

Comment

• MornieG Jewellery
                              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
                              If you are making a full size quilt that is def. a lifes work. Its lovely Mo. Had you cut out enough of your hexigons to finish it or could you make it smaller if you wanted to? It will be so worthwhile trying to complete. Love the design.
                              I have several batches of hexagons cut out and the design just evolves, but thank you for the compliment. I somehow think that it will end up being somewhat smaller than a King size quilt. Maybe something like a throw over plain bedding it seems more attainable.

Mo.XX
                              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                              www.bodrighy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X