Jute Bags - Starting business up painting caricatures etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jute Bags - Starting business up painting caricatures etc

Can anyone please help. I am considering starting a little business from home pantiing Caricatures onto Jute Bags. I am based in Cheshire.

I need help with

Where to buy the bags at a a reasonable price
    What paints materials etc what I would need and where again to buy them.
    What size bags sells, i was thiking of buying a small range,a childrens size bag, shopping bags etc.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Hi, can't help with your question, but welcome to forum.
    James
    www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

Hi and welcome

I can suggest for the fabric paint use either Pebeo fabric paints or Dylon fabric paints they are the best IMO and are the only one's I ever use for fabric painting.

You can get them as paints and pens.

Pebeo come in a vast range of colours and outliners as well.

All pebeo paints can be mixed to give you even more shades.

You simply leave them to dry depending on how thick your layers are it can take from 10minutes to 24hours.

You can when using thin layers of paint or the pens use a hair dryer to quicken the progress of the drying but do not use a hair dryer when you want a thick layer it will only make the paint run. For thick layers of paint it's best to leave it to dry flat or do one layer let it dry then paint another layer.

After you are sure your item is dry then you fix the paint by ironing over the surface of the paint but it's advisable to use a sheet of paper between your iron at the painted area. Once this is done your fabric paint will not come out in the wash.

Be very careful when painting as it's very unlikely if you get paint where you don't want it you'll not get it out again not completely any way.

All the best.
      eileen
      So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

I've sent you a private message about sourcing the bags.

Linda

Comment

My friend makes these and she made me one for Christmas and it is fantastic, she uses hessian (I think) bags and also plain cream material bags and she gets them from hobby craft, I'm not sure however what paint she uses but I expect it fabric paint or similar.

Hope that helps.

Comment

i bought tissue wrap from www.wbc.co.uk last week and noticed wide range of jute and cotton bags, not sure if they sell wholesale though, you'll have to check, good luck with your new venture .. sounds fun
            blooms & bows - hand made boutique accessories for the tiniest princess to the trendiest mum!
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...23549057752787

Comment

R u still looking for bag??

Originally posted by SallyB999 View Post
              Can anyone please help. I am considering starting a little business from home pantiing Caricatures onto Jute Bags. I am based in Cheshire.

I need help with

Where to buy the bags at a a reasonable price
              What paints materials etc what I would need and where again to buy them.
              What size bags sells, i was thiking of buying a small range,a childrens size bag, shopping bags etc.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks
              Hi there

I would like to know about your requirements in terms of size, quantity, dyed colour, etc?
              I can give you best possible rate for reliable quantity with high quality material.

Don't worry I can help you with size without any obligation to buy. Most of the high street and online sellers are directly buying from our places. So buying from us will reduce the cost by removing the middle man.

Let me know asap.

Regards,
              Omi
              Last edited by OMI; 24-07-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Anyone looking for high quality jute bags just PM me.
                We can provide high quality jute with print, art work as per your requirements in any sizes.

Just tell me your need with quantity, size & dyed colour I will quote you the best.

There are so many ways we can reduce your cost per bag.
                shopping bag, wine bag, fashion bag, etc.

regards
                OMI

Comment

Would you mind sending me prices for 50 jute bags.. Or 50 juco bags. ASAP. With padded handles size is 40x35. And waxed lined...

Comment

Hi omi can you contact me with what details you need I require 50 sm bags 50 med and 50 lg thanks my email address is [email protected]

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to here in the UK, Staffordshire/Cheshire border. I've been reading through this post and I'm wanting to start painting jute bags to sell and I'm wondering what the best paints are? I've read somewhere else using poster prints and spray glue to seal them and others using fabric acrylic paints and ironing afterwards. Bit confused!

Comment

Hi,
                        I am in Aberdeen area and looking for best place to get jute bags, and the paints??
                        Grateful for any help.

Regards

Comment

Hi Donna grace, I've found that Dunelm sell Dylon pots of fabric paint at a good price (£1.89 for 25ml) im also looking on ebay for starting my collection of paints. Ebay also have good prices on jute and canvas bags if you buy in bulk. Good luck

Comment

Plenty of jute bags here on Craft Fairy.

http://www.craftfairy.co.uk/natural-...bags-422-c.asp

We can do a deal for larger numbers.
                            http://craftfairydesigns.blogspot.com/
                            http://www.craftfairy.co.uk/
                            http://nonnasrecipes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi omi can you let me know how much it would cost for 50 small jute bags 28 x 25 x 10cm? Thx!

Comment

Working...
                              X