Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone know what burlap is? and where can i get it from ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know what burlap is? and where can i get it from ?

i have been asked to make some bunting but using burlap, the client is american so google imaged it and looks like a kind of hessian am i right?
    also havent clue where to buy it from, im assuming there are different kinds of grades/qualities .. she wants it with a stencilled *mr & mrs* for her daughters wedding
    blooms & bows - hand made boutique accessories for the tiniest princess to the trendiest mum!
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...23549057752787

Burlap is the US equivalent of hessian. I get mine from ebay just search under Hessian fabric

Comment

Would craft/hobby stores over there have it? Hobby Lobby and Joann's both carry it, here. It might be worth it to call a couple of craft and hobby supply stores. Or even fabric stores. It might be faster than ordering from eBay, but maybe not.

Comment

Well! You learn something every day! I never knew that.
        Cathy
        I sew, therefore I am.
        I apologise in advance for any spelling or grramatical errors, I'm on tablets - no, no - I'm on a tablet.

Comment

ebay and internet orders depend on the seller dispatch time and the courier they use. I always check how long anyone takes from placing an order to courier collection and delivery. I have had some people say its been dispatched but then checked the item by tracking or by the date on the stamp. I have ordered item around xmas which only took 48 hours to arrive and Ive also ordered rubber stamps from YSa and they have arriived within a week.

I do try and support local shops if possible to ensure they keep trading.

Comment

thank you for the replies, ended up buying from ebay x
            blooms & bows - hand made boutique accessories for the tiniest princess to the trendiest mum!
            http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...23549057752787

Comment

Working...
            X