stocking fillers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stocking fillers...

I've spent the last 2 nights making clothes for Em's Barbie doll (well a tesco cheap equivalent of Barbie!)
    They are for her Christmas stocking so she can play with it on xmas morning

I will have to post some pics later as they are so cute!! I've made a hat, crocheted top, denim skirt and funky going 'down the disco' top.
    She is going to love it
    incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
    ___

She will love them - her Barbie needs some clothes - she looked a little chilly in the last picture.

Hehe.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by candles by lisa View Post
      She will love them - her Barbie needs some clothes - she looked a little chilly in the last picture.

Hehe.

Lisa

lol... that's what I was thinking! It was a cheap barbie doll at only £1.80, but you'd think they could have given her a few more clothes
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

Nah ... Barbie's a tramp ...... Cindy's the refined one of the two

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JBJB View Post
          Nah ... Barbie's a tramp ...... Cindy's the refined one of the two

My mum said that to me when I was little and I've been anti barbie ever since and Bratz have now joined the ranks with Barbie.

Poor Eden I'm passing on my hang ups to her!
          full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I never got a Barbie either because of my mum . Sindy was more wholesome according to her. Wasn't bothered at the time apart from Barbie had better clothes. But Sindy had a horse and I never got one

First thing a bought my daughter when she was old enough was buy her the horse and I think she played with it once.....

Cheers Janice
            www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

The girls have Barbies but I always had Sindy's when I was growing up. I always wanted Barbies because they had better shoes!
              Those Bratz things are awful!!! Anya is never having them!!
              Visit my Etsy store http://swirlyarts.etsy.com
              My daily thoughts! http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com
              My blog of cute stuff http://cuteable.com

Comment

Originally posted by swirlyarts View Post
                Those Bratz things are awful!!! Anya is never having them!!

You hope...... unfortunatly one entered our house via a birthday present....UUURRRGGGHHHH!
                full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

I turned my Sindy into a skinhead when I was about 11.

I gave her a number one haircut, pierced her ear and left the pin in so she looked like she had a stud, made her some jeans, painted her feet black and made her a white t-shirt. I might have even given her a tattoo.

My, I was creative even back then!
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I was never really into dolls, I remember getting a bald baby doll thing and calling it Garibaldi - after my favourite biscuit and because it was bald, a touch of my aspergers showing there, methinks!

Grandma was not impressed and I don't think I ever got another doll! Yeah! Result!

I was really into cars and climbing trees (still am actually - but now a little bit more girly, with make up and high heels, which make's the tree climbing interesting)
                    www.beadlab.com

Comment

Dolls

I'm with Pebbles. I was a bit of a tomboy when I was younger (although I did have a Pippa doll).

In fact I like dolls a lot more now than I used to. I just love handmade cloth dolls.
                      Fire xxx
                      Fire Horse Textiles
                      Love Buttons On Etsy
                      Love Buttons On MISI
                      Love Buttons On Folksy
                      Flickr
                      Blog

Comment

Lol at Jelly!!

I had a cindy plus my brother had a few action men, so I used to dress his up girly to match!!

I was never really a girly girl, it was probably a present from my Nan. I think my mum enjoyed knitting the clothes for her, as I am with Ems.

I fact I've just phoned my mum to hunt through the loft for all the knitted stuff she made for my cindy. Lets hope the mice haven't found it first!!!
                        ___

Comment

I turned my Sindy into a skinhead when I was about 11.

I gave her a number one haircut, pierced her ear and left the pin in so she looked like she had a stud, made her some jeans, painted her feet black and made her a white t-shirt. I might have even given her a tattoo.

My, I was creative even back then!
                          LOL, I cut my Sindys hair too, I didn't realise it wasn't like human hair, her head was covered in tuffs. She looked scarey, but her afte wasn't as bad as Tiny tears who ended up with a broken leg after a nasty fall down the stairs. I was a paper and pencil girl even back then.

I have a brother so of course action man and Sindy were married. She wasn't a flusey(sp?) like Barbie. I really liked her hostess trolley - what an aspiration.

Shelley is not a dolly girl at all, she doesn't like dolls - she always says yuk. She does like My Little Pony, which she is getting for Christmas, but when she saw Father Christmas today she commented to me that he hadn't given her ponies like she asked for - what can you say to that!!
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
                            LOL, I cut my Sindys hair too, I didn't realise it wasn't like human hair,
                            I used to have a "Girl's World" (am I showing my age?) and for years she had a hole in the top of her head because I'd cut off the tress of hair that you could wind up and down in her head.

I wasn't a girlie-girl when I got a bit older, but here is me in the drought-ridden summer of '76 at the age of 6 bossing my dollies around in the garden :

Blog Website Flickr

Comment

I used to have a "Girl's World" (am I showing my age?) and for years she had a hole in the top of her head because I'd cut off the tress of hair that you could wind up and down in her head.

I wasn't a girlie-girl when I got a bit older, but here is me in the drought-ridden summer of '76 at the age of 6 bossing my dollies around in the garden :

Girls world was great because you could draw in her hair without getting into trouble. I think she came with a blue and pink marker.

I love the photo esp. the dolls pram. My mum would dress me in the smallest hot pant type shorts and tiny skirts too.
                              Amanda
                              xx

Comment

Working...
                              X