first ever make

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first ever make

i made a patchwork bag its a very simple bag really and it could of been better but for my first try at using a sewing machine im pretty pleased with it. just got the fabric off of website that give free samples of fabric as didnt want to spend alot of money on bit as im just learning and didnt want to waste my money.
    just using it to put scrap fabric in at the min.
    when i work out how to put pic in my album i will put a pic of it on here

Well done, is is fun but warning can be addictive!

Comment

already am im been fiddleing about with it most days onces the kiddies are in bed time just seams to fly when im on it tho

Comment

You've caught the bug then.I caught it when my children were at primary school and they are in their twenties now. Started as a way to use up scrap bits of the cotton fabric I used to make my daughters party dresses. Like you I made a small bag. Just a simple oblong of patchwork with a round base and drawstring top. It was very colourful and I still use it. I was hooked, I joined a patchwork group and now I'm making cushion covers, small quilts and even wall hangings. I've made lots of friends and learnt so much. Good luck with your next project and don't forget you can always use old cotton clothes for your patchwork, reuse recycle and all that.
        Carol

Comment

i have started cutting up some of my sons old clothes that i was going to take to the charity shop. now i just need to work out what im going to do with them

Comment

Well done, what about a bag for his shoes or toys
            Carol

Comment

Working...
            X