Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help. What are they and where can I get some.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help. What are they and where can I get some.

Does anyone know what they are called, they are not eyelets. You make a hole put the end with the prong through, clip the other bit on the other end of the prong and squeeze them together with the punch.

I am desperate, I have run out and the local shop that I used to get them from have stopped having them.
    Last edited by Critchley; 18-09-2010, 04:10 PM.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Just bumping up as I am getting despeerate for these.
    Carol

Comment

Carol can you post a pic? Think I know what you mean but would like to be sure. If they are what I think get mine from the local haberdashers

Comment

I can't believe how stupid that was. Pic here.

Carol

Comment

Are they rivets Carol?

What do you use them for, fastening things together?

Give us a clue so we can help....................Clive
          Learning together for profit or pleasure
          I could be unhappy with my life but someone keeps sending me spring

Blog https://classicalgenesis.wordpress.com

Comment

Looks like we posted at the same time Carol. They look like cap rivets to me albeit the photo isn't great. Is this the kind of thing you had in mind?

If so eBay is full of them in all sizes. I have some here that I can send you in a variety of colours but I doubt they would be with you quicker than you could get them sent if you bought them on the web. I can recommend a variety of sources other than eBay if you would prefer. That is if I have identified them correctly?

Kind regards.................Clive
            Last edited by Classical Genesis; 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Clive beat me to it

Comment

Thanks Clive, yes, they look similar but I need the shanks to be slimmer. I use them for attaching handles to bags etc., but the only ones I can get locally have a hole all the way through. I will look on e bay for "Rivets" and see how I get on.
                Thankyou again.
                Carol

Comment

Sorry Caroline - - - -

If you can't find exactly what you want Carol let me know and I will use my superb investigatory skills to hunt down the little blighters for you, He he

...............................Clive

Comment

Just a thought Carol - I may not be seeing the whole picture but I wouldn't have thought that the size of the rivet shank, passing through the hole, would be terribly important, just the size and style of the pan head of the rivet. If you are using metal handle clasps the holes in these can be enlarged a little without breaking out into too much of a sweat...............C

Comment

I suppose you could be right Clive its just that I don't want to make a gaping hole in the fabric to get it through, I have to make the hole manually first then put the rivit through then use the punch to close it as I don't have a tool to make the hole for me. Does that make any sense? I will do a search today and see how I get on. I was a bit "Ickypoo" last night so went to bed early. (Kids talk for poorly - or it was when I was a kid)
                      Carol

Comment

It was when I was a kid too Carol, good luck with the search.

Ooh by the way, did you ever get my emails re: Fabric history?

Comment

I did Clive and very interesting I found them too and I wasnt the only one. OH is doing a History degree covering all the kings and their castles (slightly abreviated) and it sort of slotted into what he was doing too so def. not wasted. Many thanks for that.
                          Carol

Comment

Working...
                          X