What do you Think???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you Think???

Okay, so i havent managed to get to grips with posting photos in the thread, they are all tooooooo big
    I have managed to put a couple of piccies in the gallery and would be grateful if you would all take a peek and tell me what you think....
    The photos are of a bag mum made, i really want to know what you think og the actual Photograph though, does it show the bag off ok??
    Just trying to get the piccies right for the website...
    If you saw photos like thiese on a website what would you think???
    (be gentle please).....
    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

I think the 2nd picture with the bag hanging down is the best. The 1st one showing the inside doesn't do the bag justice. Definitely think they are fine for the web though and the bag is lovely.

Cheers.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

I've just taken a peek and I love the bag, you can just imagine the big flowing dresses from days gone by!

... there's always a but isn't there? I'll be gentle I promise.

I personally think that the bag blends into the background a little with there being very similar colours on the fence behind. I would have like to have seen it shown off on a much lighter background or completely different colours .. maybe laid down on the grass for instance?

The second photograph with the bag open would have been nice with a few things inside to show how much it will hold. If they're meant for craft, photograph with your crafting goodies inside, or shopping, get a few things out of the cupboard and put them in (just remember to put 'contents not included' when you advertise on your website if you do this lol).
      Caroline

You don't need talent to be artistic you just need patience!

www.potterdoodledoo.co.uk

Comment

I was thinking of putting both piccies, to show inside and out?? As mum quite often embelishes the inside pockets etc of her bags.
        Ta for comments, i have sussed out to take the best piccies it needs to be a dry day to do them outside but not too sunny
        I'll get the hang of it one day.....

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
          I was thinking of putting both piccies, to show inside and out?? As mum quite often embelishes the inside pockets etc of her bags.
          Ta for comments, i have sussed out to take the best piccies it needs to be a dry day to do them outside but not too sunny
          I'll get the hang of it one day.....
          When you do pass the tips onto me!!!

Cheers.

Lisa
          Bowed Over
          www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Ta Caroline, i do see what you mean about the colours...
            My problem is i'm trying to find a place/way of taking photos for the web that will be all the same background.
            The items are all one off so will change, meaning that this particular bag prob dosn't show colours very well but other bags will be all different colours so will hopefully show better.
            Maybe i'm thinking wrong?
            I thought it would make all the photos more consistant if they were all taken in the same place rather than a mish mash of backgrounds etc
            I have been fiddling about with all kinds of backgrounds and these were the best so far!!!!!!
            Will have another look when the wind isn't blowing soooo much !!
            Thanx, i know i can rely on you lot to be honest with me!!!!

Comment

To be truthful I think your pictures are fine. People aren't looking for David Bailley quality pictures they just want to be able to see what the item is like clearly and even better that the image can be enlarged.

I think we all get too worked up about pictures as long as they are clear (which yours are) your fine.

Cheers.

Lisa
              Bowed Over
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

It's a good idea if you're planning on the same background, I agree you will have a nice consistency running through your site. Like Lisa said, the photographs are very clear, it was just an opinion. It's such a shame that we don't get so many wonderful sunny days to photograph everything outside.
                Caroline

Comment

And when the sun is out i'm tooo busy making blinking ice cream to take pictures agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
                  Ah well makes me some money to buy beads and things i spose!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                    And when the sun is out i'm tooo busy making blinking ice cream to take pictures agggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
                    Ah well makes me some money to buy beads and things i spose!!!!
                    You'll just have to get your other half to take pics then whilst you're making the yummy things :-)

Actually on second thoughts, men would never get it right would they ;-)
                    Caroline

Comment

Other half too busy making stuff for other people (he's a Carpenter) you know the saying about the cobblers children...... shoeless....
                      well don't think for a minute that my house is full of bookcases cos it aint.....
                      Oh and he's allergic to all things modern, wouldn't know what to do with my digital camera

Comment

I always take my photos for my website on a large piece of white card so I have no background at all - just the product. (see my website and you'll see what I mean)

Admittedly, I do use photoshop to then cut out the pictures, but that's only because I can be bothered to do it - it's not essential, I just don't like there to be square borders to any of my pictures. It's a bit of a faff, but I'm happy with the results.

I do agree that backgrounds can sometimes be too "fussy" and detract from the product, but then you only have to look at a Cath Kidston catalogue to see that having a background can work.
                        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
                        X