my bargain :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my bargain :-)

i got this singer from a car boot for 2 quid !!! when i first started to use it , it went bang and made all the electric go off
    so when i went to get my Elna fixed( the upper tension stopped working)i asked the man if he had a motor for it, he had and only wanted 20 quid for it, (Ive seen them on line for 115 :shock: ) so i took it home,DH got it out to change it and i took him to try it first, and it worked !!! beautifully,

i took the motor back round to the nice man, he has fixed my Elna for 25quid! so i know have 3 working machine and look what he had!!!

they are different cams that do different stitch in the machine, plus some needles feet and replacement parts, which i prolly cant get from anywhere else anymore, and guess what..... have gave me the lot for free!!!! even argued with me when i said i would sort through them and bring the rest back, and told me to put them on ebay if there were duplicates!!! what a lovely, lovely man !!! we are going to go back and get the motor next month when we have more pennies, but if anyone needs a good sewing machine shop i can highly recommend this one in tunstall
    xx

try a free graze box use code 5THR7LB www.graze.com

WoW Wow and Wow again. FAB HAUL.
    "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
    my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

thanks hun, i am really happy, josh isnt it sad that a sewing machine has put the biggest smile on my face lol xx

Comment

OMG I had the exact same machine as my first sewing machine when I was doing my O'level. I had it til a couple of years ago when I got a computerized Janome one. It gave me many years of happy sewing, well done on your bargain, happy stitching.
        Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
        I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
          OMG I had the exact same machine as my first sewing machine when I was doing my O'level. I had it til a couple of years ago when I got a computerized Janome one. It gave me many years of happy sewing, well done on your bargain, happy stitching.

awww thanks hun, its sews so beautifully, im going to have a play on it tomorrow to give it a proper breaking in xxx

Comment

No not at all. I would have been dancing up and down the street. I bought a manual for my old Treadle off ebay a while back I was like a kid in a sweet shop.

Some good videos on how to use various feet on this site. just scroll down for list. http://www.sewingmachine-sales.co.uk...ling-foot.html
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

ooo thats great thank you!, i have seen it before but lost the link, i watched the rolled hem foot one but still couldnt get it to work lol xx

Comment

Just tell yourself you dont like rolled hems, that what I did
                Vendi..Verdi..Visa...
                I came..I saw..I shopped

Comment

Originally posted by Kay View Post
                  Just tell yourself you dont like rolled hems, that what I did

lmao!!, i roll them buy hand and just sew them

Comment

Ooh great bargain - love a bargain
                    "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                    Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Well done you, i love my sewing machine -old that it is

Comment

Working...
                      X