Rag Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rag Pictures

I plan to make rag pictures with my elderly clients nex Monday. Two reasons - As a quilter I've lots of bits laying around and two, I have always had it in my mind to have a go so if anyone can offer my a few useful tips - like the best adhesive or most useful shapes I could pre prepare etc., I would be verrrrrry grateful.
    Carol
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Hi Carol
    Do you have a lot of floral fabric? I was lucky enough to get remnants from upholstery factory. I have made some pictures with clients from cutting out flowers and leaves from fabrics and then assembling them into designs like a floral ring on a plain velvet/dralon background and trimming with beads. sequins etc, From what I remember we used washable nontoxic PVA undiluted. we spent a few weeks doing these making a large wallhanging that is v much admired by all and smaller individual pieces, even cushion panels. I wish you luck with this....maybe if you had more time available to collect bits n pieces it might be more sucessful,,,however all seemed to enjoy choosing own flowers and cutting them out and own colour schemes. Nice idea to do for bedroom or lounge decoration or as a gift.
    Let me know how you get on. Hope this has been useful.
    regards
    Tina
    ps do you work in a home for the elderly?

Comment

Thanks for your wisdom. As it happens, I have cut out lots of green leaf shapes and yellow, pink and white petal shapes besides all the anglular shapes in an assortment of fabrics. As these are very elderly - av. age 82 - I don't plan to be too ambitious just so they can go home with something simple to be proud of. I called into local pound shop today and got 8 picture frames for £2. so I can frame whatever they come up with. Always looks better in a frame you can hide tatty bits. Thanks for the glue tip. I can sort that now.
      Carol
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

No advice, but what a lovely idea critchley!
        "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris

See my work at www.miaoucrafts.com/jill

Comment

Working...
        X