Dolly bag pattern needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolly bag pattern needed.

I want to make a dolly bag but I don't have a pattern. I have a bag I like to base the size and shape on but I'm not very experienced so I'd prefer a pattern. Does anyone have any suggestions, please?

Try This!!!

oOOH! YOU'VE REMINDED ME OF MY CHILDHOOD!!!! THEY WERE VERY POPULAR YEARS AGO. WE USED TO WALK IN THE TOWN'S WALKING DAY AND ALWAY HAD A DOLLY BAG FOR OUR PENNIES!!!!! BEST WAY I CAN THINK OF IS THIS. CUT OUT A CARDBOARD TEMPLATE CIRCLE FOR THE BASE. DECIDE THE DEPTH OF THE BAG THAT YOU WANT. LAY YOUR TEMPLATE ON A SHEET OF TISSUE PAPER. MARK A LARGER CIRCLE ABOUT TWO INCHES BIGGER THAN YOUR FINAL BAG. MARK YOUR SMALL CIRCLE FOR FUTURE USE. CUT ROUND YOUR LARGE CIRCLE AND YOU HAVE YOUR PATTERN.(HOPEFULLY) TRY IT ON SCRAP MATERIAL FIRST. NEATEN ROUND THE EDGE OF THE LARGE CIRCLE OR SEW LACE OR SOMETHING NICE ONTO IT. MACHINE TWO ROWS OF STITCHING ABOUT TWO INCHES FROM THE TOP SO THAT YOUR CORD OR RIBBON WILL FIT THROUGH. PUT YOUR CARDBOARD 'BOTTOM' (NO REFERENCE TO YOURSELF) INTO THE BAG AND PULL THE DRAWSTRING THROUGH. THAT MIGHT MAKE YOUR BAG BUT I AM NO EXPERT BUT AM QUITE IMPRESSED WITH MYSELF AS I MADE THAT UP AS I WENT ALONG!!!! IF YOU TRY IT, LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS!!!!! I THINK IT SHOULD. GOOD LUCK!!!! SUE XX
    http://susieQinblogland.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks, Susie.

I've decided it might be easier to use a different but simple pattern and I've found two online.

If this ever gets finished, I'll try and remember to post a picture!

Thanks for your help.

fh

Comment

if it doesnt work out let me know i am a trained leathergoods patterncutter

Comment

Originally posted by satchelman View Post
          if it doesnt work out let me know i am a trained leathergoods patterncutter
          Oooh, ARE you now... you don't make leathergoods too, do you?
          Cheers,
          Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
          Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

yep take a look at my album scorch

Comment

Have you tried making your own pattern.

You cut a circle about 18" across or as big as you like.

Then cut two pieces of fabric one for your upper fabric and one for your lining.

Sew the two together all the way round.

Slit the lining at the bottom and the pull it to the right side. then stitch two parallel lines from the holes.

Slit the two side and thread you ribbon or cord through.

Hope you can understand this.

Comment

Working...
              X