New found respect for Scrapbookers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New found respect for Scrapbookers

My OH is a historian and spends many hours in the local library which also means that I occasionally have to hang around there for him. In doing so I find myself browsing in the craft sections and the other day was no different. He was quicker than normal and caught me a bit unawares so I grabbed a book off the shelf at random and rushed after him to the booking out area. (Fortunately had my library card with me).
    Later that day I had time to sit and browse the quickly snatched book to discover a completely new world of scrapbooking. My goodness. What a comprehensive craft it is. The only thing I knew about it is from childhood when we stuck bits and bobs on the coloured pages of a fullscap type of drawing book.
    I never knew how wide a field it encompassed or what wonderful pages can be achieved. I could never do it as you must have a very tidy and well organised mind. It would appear to be an absolute limitless craft and can produce such tear jerking results. I take my hat off to you all.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Scrapbooking is much more popular in USA than over here. Some of us do our cards in the style of scrapbooking. I love to make the collage style cards which are like mini versions of scrap book pages. I can cope with card sized versions but I agree with you that some of the scrap book pages are true works of art. You can templates to help you design the pages if you are on the start of your scrapbook journey.

Comment

I don't think so. I don't think I have that much ability and am certainly not organised enough but would love to see some 'In real life' if you know what I mean.
      Carol

Comment

I can't help with showing you one in real life but if you do a Google search on "scrapbook + gallery" it throws up lots of intersting sites. Some have sites selling stuff so I wasn't sure if I could post a link to those. Split coast stampers do lots of cards in scrabook style and you can get the scrapbook templates from there.

Comment

Thankyou. I will have a look.
          Carol

Comment

Shame you aren't a bit closer...I do scrapbook classes once a month and would happily have invited you along....and of course you would be instantly hooked on scrapbooking and forever under its spell because it is very addictive.

A tidy/organised mind is definitely NOT a requirement...The ability to go with the flow and let things organically evolve is a great asset. Imagination is all that is needed - with a little imagination the possibilities are endless....

oh and time...you will need time...

and space to store all the stuff you would accumulate....

Did I mention it is addictive

Comment

I suppose I could always get OH to move out and make me even more space than I already use up. lol. I already have corners in every room besides an enormous shed. Thanks for the offer but I don;t think I dare. lol
              Carol

Comment

Working...
              X