Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Shot vs Slice

Hello,

I currently have a Big Shot which I do love but am thinking of swapping it for a Slice Machine.

The reason behind it is the price of the dies really, looking at the cartridges you gets lots of different designs on one cartridge which you can change the size to fit your needs. Sometimes I find it a pain when I want something for a page and I haven't quite got the right die so I have to buy another one which generally involves spending at least a fiver or trawling ebay for a bargain.

The only thing is I've read mixed reviews for the slice. I have heard that the circut is better and more versatile, but it really is out of my price range so I'm not comparing the Slice to it.

Has anyone gone from a manual die cutting machine to a Slice and do you think it would be worth me spending the time selling my Big Shot and dies to raise the funds for it?

Also does anyone know anywhere in the North West where I can see the Slice in action?

Thanks

MrsDuck

I don't personally have one (I didn't like the slice) but I know people who bought it and like you say, there are mixed reviews. The one thing I would say is that everyone I know uses it in conjunction with their big shot...a couple of people did as you are suggesting and sold their manual machine to help fund the upgrade...only to regret it and end up buying another Big Shot.

Comment

I have both and use them both. I use the slice when I want versatility in sizes. I have only bought a couple of the cartridges but love them. I prefer to use the big shot in some respects but the dies are expensive because you cant change the sizes and I love lots of designs! I use the big shot for embossing backgrounds too. Its easy to cut through thicker things like thinner chipboard with the bigshot if you use original or red dies too. You are limited to paper if you are using the sizzlit dies. Alphabets for the bigshot can be expensive which is what prompted me to buy a slice because I wanted to be able to do different sized letters. I could not choose between them.
      I would love a cricut and a gypsy but cannot justify the extra expense either!
      www.safimelcardsandpendants.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X