I want to make my own post bound Scrapbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to make my own post bound Scrapbook

I want to make my own post bound Scrapbook, but I have no idea where to start.
    I have thought of using my bind it all but I want to add pages as and when I do them.
    Has anyone got any instructions or know where I can find any.

Thank you in advance
    Regards Sue
    Regards Sue
    www.thepinkshopblog.com

Hi Sue, if you use ribbons to tie the album together its easy to add more pages, you just need holes to thread them through, alternativly you can get scrappbook rings which open or cheaper alternative is keyring rings as again you can easily remove them from the binder when adding more pages.

Comment

Could you maybe make it using your BIA and use a fairly large sized coverall cover. That should give you room to add more later... or use jump rings and ribbons and add a coverall style edging?

Comment

Ribbons or book rings would work well until you are ready to put them on the BIA wires
        Bekka Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
        Contact me for Papercraft parties, classes and supplies. Please visit my web site www.feeling-crafty.co.uk , or my blog www.feeling-crafty.blogspot.com ,or find me on Facebook

Comment

In your original post you mentioned a post binding.

I am a bookbinder, a post binding is a particular style of bidning, it has a front and back board and a spine piece. It is a suitable project for anyone a little crafty, requiring only basic materials and hand tools, like a scalpel, cutting mat scissors etc.

The all important brass, extendable posts are avaialble from a bookbinding supply company called J.Hewits & Sons Ltd.

If you need specific instruction I offer myself as a mentor...see my site.

Richard

Eden Workshops
          Eden Workshops: Free Bookbinding Manuals Plus Learn At Home DVD's.
          Leather For Crafting, 2nd Grade Whole Skins & Off Cuts.
          How To Apply Antique Finishes To Gold Leaf.
          How To Apply A Two Part Crackle Glaze.

Comment

Working...
          X