Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook Help :)

Hiya!
    Im new to scrapbooking & just looking for a lil advice.
    I was thinking of doing my layouts on pieces of A4 card but most scrapbooks are 12x12 so how could I bind my A4 pieces of card together so that they look nice or would I just be better off using a 12x12 scrapbook?
    Also is there something you can use to protect your pages once you have completed them to stop them getting tatty?
    Thank You,
    Natalie

try looking in hobbycraft, they have a great choice in scrapbooking. it will give you some idea of what is available. they also have idea leaflets and how to leaflets.
    you would be better just sticking to the 12 x 12
    they sell plastic sleaves to put your pages in and they then clip into your album.
    good luck just let your imagination run and im sure it will be great

sharon

Comment

Definitely DONT "just stick to 12 x 12" if that's not what you want!!!!!!!!!!

You could bind your scrapbook with book rings, ribbon, get it wire bound in a printers, use a bind-it-all machine. Chipboard or acrylic would make good, sturdy covers to protect it, and you could decorate them too then.

Comment

Excellent, thanks, I've just got so many idea's, its just making them happen. I'm wanting to make a business out of this if anyone has any advice on this too I'd be very grateful.
        Last edited by tjsmummy; 09-02-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Good to see you here.
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

You can get A4 sized Scrapbooks. Or you can just used those A4 display books you can get in any stationary shop and Tesco. That was what I use for A4 layouts.
            Helen
            Rainbow Valley - Learn the Art of Crochet in UK terms for Free
            Colours of Enfys - Blog
            Rainbow Valley Crochet on Facebook

Comment

Natalie... I'm not being nasty to you, so please don't take it that way, but I feel like I want to give you some advice...

It looks to me like you don't have any experience in making scrapbooks, or with card-based crafts in general, and also that computers & IT aren't your line of expertise either. So, rather than jump feet first into trying to set up a full-on scrapbooking business, why not sort of try it out a bit, by making things for friends & family? Investigate papers, cards, bindings, PC techniques, etc, and see what you can do with them - there's so much to play with!
              If that goes well, you could try posting them here and at other places on the net, plus showing them to people you know as examples of what you can do, and see if people are excited by them. That way, you can get a feel for it all, and see if there are lots of people out there that actually want to have someone else make a scrapbook for them, and are prepared to pay enough to make it worthwhile as a business?

You see, I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'd also hate to see you spend a lot of time and money and love and fall, from trying to run before you can walk, or trying to fill a market niche that simply isn't there for you! I do hope you don't hate me for saying all this, but I'd have felt terrible if I hadn't said anything at all, and just sat back & watched...
              Cheers,
              Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
              Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Thanks for the advice its very much appreciated.
                Im not jumping into it feet first I'm spending a few months making different products to build up a portfolio of them. By then I will be able to decide whether to pursue as a business with this portfolio or whether it just simply isnt for me. Im just investigating all the different aspects of scrapbooking, blogging & running a business as I go along so if I do go ahead with it I have some information & knowledge behind me.
                Thanks again,
                Natalie X

Comment

Ah... I'm so glad you're not offended. That sounds like a very sensible plan, Natalie, and I wish you all the very best of luck!

Do post up some pics, eh? We'd all love to see...
                  Cheers,
                  Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                  Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

I will do! & thanks again

Comment

Scrapbooks from Scratch?

So overall.. do you guys not reccommend starting a scrapbook from scratch? I always see some lovely albums in gift shops for example for a baby's first year and think - I could make that myself!

Some have a nice rough effect - that looks a bit like paper mache (sorry if i didnt spell this prop)

Does anyone create this effect for themselves totally from scratch?

Would you recommend buying a few albums or scrap books first than starting from scratch?
                      http://www.usefulhow2tips.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by independentSO View Post
                        So overall.. do you guys not reccommend starting a scrapbook from scratch? I always see some lovely albums in gift shops for example for a baby's first year and think - I could make that myself!
                        I think what scortch was saying, and I completely agree is, that if you have no scrapbooking or papercrafting experience then launching a business and investing large amounts of money and time into something you may not even enjoy that much, or there may not even have a market for is maybe not the best first step.

Rather spend time investigating, playing and creating things for yourself, friends and family first and then take it a step further if you still want.

I do custom scrapbook pages on request, and trust me, one 12 x 12 page can take me about 2-3 hours to complete at least. Additionally scrapbooking papers and tools don't come that cheaply! You have to know where to shop and like with most crafting, it isn't going to make you an instant millionaire! It ends up being more a labour of love than anything else

I love doing it, I find it therapeutic but it's not for everyone!

You should absoloutely give it a go, but don't base a business idea on it just yet if you have never tried it before

Hope this helps

Jo
                        x
                        www.alongcamejo.squarespace.com

Comment

you can always buy a normal A4 sized scrapbook, you dont need to stick to 12x12 and it will be easier for you to construct
                          good luck

[MOD EDIT] Signature removed, only craft related allowed I’m afraid..
                          Last edited by 3dDave; 06-05-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by justmariamm93 View Post
                            you can always buy a normal A4 sized scrapbook, you dont need to stick to 12x12 and it will be easier for you to construct
                            good luck
                            I should think that after eight years the OP has made the necessary decisions.

Linda

Comment

i am try. thank you so much

Comment

Working...
                              X