New recycling craft club starting in LINCOLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New recycling craft club starting in LINCOLN

Hi I am starting a new craft club in the lincoln area. The aim of the club is to recycle items and craft them into something new. I.e old t shirt into a scarf, old sweater into a cushion etc. The revamp craft club starts on Wednesday Jan 9th 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm in Branston near Lincoln, and will be running every wednesday. £2 each to cover hall costs and tea / coffee provided.The aim of the club is to have a lovely relaxing time, get lost in crafts for a couple of hours, be creative and enjoy the company of others with a nice cup of tea and maybe slice of cake too. I am no expert in crafts , but have loads of enthusiasm and ideas. A fun local group to nurture and enjoy your creative side. Please contact me if you are interested in attending. Thanks , Jo

That sounds like fun, Jo.

I am a recycler (well, when I can get time I am) and had thought about joining or starting a similar club over on this side of the country.

I'd love to hear how it goes, best of luck, Stef.
    Do not watch this space

Comment

A Recycling Club sounds great. I wish we had one near here.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thanks Stef and Carol, I cant wait for the club to start, Im getting excited. There is quite a few people wanting to come along to the club and a friend has given me a huge tin full of jewellery beads she was going to throw away! So I will be taking them to the club as Im sure we can make some lovely jewellery.A few of us are saving our junk mail to make into jewellery too. There is some great recycling craft ideas on this forum . I'll keep you up to date.
        Thanks
        Jo

Comment

Please do. I have loads of idea on recycling that I can't do as I don't have access to enough bits, but a group would!

It would be really good to get this forum more busy and to get more fun recycling ideas out to a wider audience.

Pictures will be needed - be warned
          Do not watch this space

Comment

Hiya,
            There was 4 people at the first revamp craft club night and tonight there was 9 of us , which is great. We made earrings out of broken necklaces, decoupaged boxes with bits of tissue paper, cut glass bottles to make veg covers cloche is it called? glass bottles cut to make vases and candle holders, greetings cards with beads and buttons for decoration, looked at an old prima pattern someone brought in to make a dress, a guy made a lampshade out of old floppy discs, a lady learnt to sew, I learnt to knit and we ate loads of cake and drank masses of tea! Next week we are planning on starting some rag wreaths and rag rugs out of old clothes . We had 7 ladies and 2 men attend. It has been a fab night. More members are ver very welcome. xx

Comment

It sounds like a huge success. I wish there was something similar in my neck of the woods.
              www.dementiaactivitysupplies.weebly.com

https://www.facebook.com/Dementia-Activity-Supplies

Comment

Love the idea of being able to see/make something new out of what some see as rubbish.
                Pat Murphy

http://www.gladturnings.co.uk
                https://www.facebook.com/GladTurnings.Woodturning

Comment

Hi Pat, yes its great making things out of what others see as rubbish. Ive been given 2 cross stitch sets today by a lady that started them years ago but has never finished them and she was going to throw them away! So im going to be taking them to the craft club tomorrow eve, and I know someone that is coming to the craft club who wants to learn cross stitch... I think we have a match!

Comment

Hi Twinsgran , yes its great that the club is getting going, and everyone is learning new skills. Maybe you could set up a club in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Hello, this sounds like fun - can you let me know exactly where the club is held? Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                      X