Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dose everyone here know about Scrapstores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose everyone here know about Scrapstores?

I love the one near me but some are in danger of closure because there not be supported by their local craft and art people They are well with a look you can get some great arts and craft materials form them. They are all over. Have a look and see you there is one near you.

Google Scrapstores uk and you will find a list of all the ones in the UK.
    I craft therefore I am.
    www.twistedtwinkle.co.uk

i didn't but i do now, and theres one in my town! thanks for that, its open weird hours but will pay a visit on Tuesday.

Comment

no,i did not find one near me,and i google you said,many around UK,and its craft ideas and points are very good, I believe pepole crazy about crafting would have such spirit

Comment

I know all about mine, but they do not allow crafters in. They are purely for community groups. I'd be a regular otherwise!
        full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
          I know all about mine, but they do not allow crafters in. They are purely for community groups. I'd be a regular otherwise!

Yep that's what I discovered when I looked on the website and any way there are non near me.
          So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Originally posted by beadsbydesign View Post
            How strange. I have never seen one but I would have thought that any custom was better than no custom. Theres nowt so queer as folk.
            Carol
            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

I'd never heard of them either but my local one also says it's for members who have to be local groups (schools, playschools,etc...) Bit dissapointing but if it works for them *shrug*

Comment

I don't know if it is the same for all scrap stores but our local one is run by volunteers maybe they just don't have enough people to run it if they make it open to everybody. Our one does allow individual membership but it mainly focuses on community groups and is open at strange times of the day. One way to be able to take advantage of your local scrapstore might be to volunteer for a couple of hours a week.
                http://debbieclairegems.webplus.net
                http://www.facebook.com/DebbieClaireGems

Comment

Most have an individual membership. I haven come accross one who didn't have that. But I the volunteer idea would way to get round if you do come accross it. When I found out about them about 5 years ago I lived in Glastonbury but that one has moved to Weles and I have been to the one in Bristol and then I move to Welwyn Garden City the one there is great. The are a few others I have been to I now live in london and I use the one in Watford now. They are all very cool and great stuff. If the one closest to you is a bit of a drive it may still be wroth it.
                  scrapstores uk org
                  I craft therefore I am.
                  www.twistedtwinkle.co.uk

Comment

£24.00 a year to join our local one. Seems a bit pricey to me for scrap.
                    Cathy
                    I sew, therefore I am.
                    I apologise in advance for any spelling or grramatical errors, I'm on tablets - no, no - I'm on a tablet.

Comment

Maybe you should have a look at what they have before saying that. I have more then found it to be very worth it. Scrap can be very cool indeed. I have meters and meters of fabics that would have been 17.99 a meter in John Lewis. you never what they are going to have.
                      I craft therefore I am.
                      www.twistedtwinkle.co.uk

Comment

That is 50p a week and you could get bags and bags of craft stuff. It is great when your working with kids and you don't have to be worried about how much they use. Their creativeness can just go wild.
                        I craft therefore I am.
                        www.twistedtwinkle.co.uk

Comment

Sadly the ones near me are not open to individuals - only community groups, schools, etc.

They are not run by volunteers, either, but by a skeleton staff and jobless people on training and work experience programmes, so no entry that way, either.

Comment

Scrap Store has been mentioned here before. In my area its community groups only although Ive never asked if I could buy. I have been on the other side ie getting businesses to donate. In my area the scrap store won't take enough 'waste' on a regular basis so businesses don't want scrap store staff on their site sorting through tiny amounts of stuff. They aren't fond of collecting items either so its not worth a business to donate their 'waste'.

Comment

One of my sons worked in the Bristol Scrap Store . He was paid. Minimum wage. He was doing the starving artist in a garret thing at the time. He raved about what was in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X