Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old fleeces

Hi
    I have some old fleeces which I want to re-use. Any suggestions, anyone?

You mean a sheep fleece WITH the leather, right? Dumb question, I know, but I wasn't quite sure.

Comment

Cut it into strips and make a rag rug! The finished product is fantastically cosy! Or you can hem three layers together in approximately A2 size and if you have cats they will love it as a bed... mine do!
      Asking me to make you a shelf is like asking Michealangelo to creosote your fence.

http://www.woodsweatandtrees.co.uk

Comment

If you know anyone with pet rats you could make a hammock for them. The rats love fleece hammocks

Comment

Seat cover - in the car? Steering wheel covers?

Comment

I once used a worn out old sheepskin rug to make a saddle numnah, (because I couldn't afford to buy one!)
            www.formerglory.co.uk- www.seatweaving.blogspot.com - Facebook page - Twitter

Comment

I wish I had old fleeces with leather attached! Nope, these are old workwear fleece, mostly a very boring navy, though with a sprinkling of other colours. I'd thought about cutting them down to make rugs, but not sure what technique to use, when you say strips do you mean so I can latch hook them or just use a prod tool? And yes , they make great bedding, but the youngest dog will eat them. Strips make great leads if plaited, but I can't work out how to make the handle without knotting it, which makes it very bulky to shove in a pocket. Seat cover is a good idea, as are hammocks for rats and ferrets ( though its just easier to cut off a sleeve I believe!)

Comment

hats and gloves?
                Julia

http://www1.freewebs.com/jaydee67/index.htm

Comment

Cushion covers or are they too old?
                  Wid

Comment

Fleeces make nice backing for quilting.
                    Carol
                    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

they are just boring, and a bit past it really, although a patchwork throw to help protect my poor long suffering car seats and some rugs to act as dog beds in the boot would probably be the most useful. I will also have a go at a steering wheel cover - photos of the completed articles should be worth a giggle anyway. I never thought of using it for backing for quilting.....I'll have a look and see if I've got any dark materials to work with

Comment

if you have a old pair of shoes then maybe make slippers?, cut off the bottom of the shoes and sew the fabric on, i bet they would be lovely and warm in winter!
                        Blog
                        http://beadypiejewellery.blogspot.com/
                        whre i share my love of beads and jewellery making

Comment

Chop the arms off, decorate a bit and turn them into leg warmers. All the rage again. Now where did I put my 80's ones? Oh yes, in the future grandchildren's dressing up box in the attic.
                          Then you've got a thing without arms. They're all the rage (again! But this time I only had to pull mine out of the back of the wardrobe 'cos weren't they in in the 90s? ). Now what to decorate them with? Ooh it's fashion week in London this week. Nick some ideas from the top designers. I heard fringing was the in thing last week but I might already be behind the times......

Comment

AnnieAnna if you sew a strip of the other kind of fleece around armholes and neck you will end up with something really modern that you can put the 'other' end of your wardrobe, You know, the wareable end rather than the 'I hope I shrink into' end. lol.
                            Carol
                            God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Oh do you have that kinda wardrobe too?

The furry look. Funny you should say that. I was in TKMax the other day and drooled over a tight black jacket and a sleeveless do da with a big fur collar slung over it. Looked at the price. Jacket reduced to £60. Gilet thing £30. No way can I justify spending that on something I don't really need. Got back home. I was hanging up the bargains I had succumbed to when what did I spy? A black jacket. And a fur lined gilet thing. Oooo. Let's pop them on. Whey hey I look like a super model......well if I lost a stone and 40 years and grew a foot, I might (not).

Comment

Working...
                              X