Ideas for using excess bathroom tiles / offcuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for using excess bathroom tiles / offcuts

Hiya - wondered if anybody had any good ideas. We've been given some good quality offcuts and spare bathroom tiles in natural stone colours. I'm keen to use them for something but not really sure what apart from mosaics. Anybody got any ideas?

Depending on the sizes, how about coasters stick some felt on the back so they don't mark the furniture. Or with summer coming for using outside on the picnic table.

Tarina
    http://tarinaknits.blogspot.com

Comment

My favourite clock is a dalmatian painted on a tile , with a hole drilled through the middle for the hands. You could stamp to give you an outline and then paint, or do some decoupage, depending on how dark they are. If they aren't plain you could just use them as they are?

Comment

They also make good trivets for hot casserole dishes on the table, if big enough - put felt or cork feet on them...however, can you work with wood? My husband made the nicest table top out of tiles, with thin-ish wood strips between the tiles...and it was all set in a wood frame that then formed the table top - a small table.

Comment

Thanks, a few ideas there - will have to try a few things out but think I've got some of that green baize (sp???) stuff somewhere which I could put on the back if making mats etc to stop them scratching tables etc. There are quite a few pieces which could be cut to coaster sized and perhaps decorated a bit too, will have a think

Comment

Originally posted by Broad bean View Post
            Hiya - wondered if anybody had any good ideas. We've been given some good quality offcuts and spare bathroom tiles in natural stone colours. I'm keen to use them for something but not really sure what apart from mosaics. Anybody got any ideas?
            Hi!
            Saw your message about the excess/offcut tiles today. Why not glue tiles on top of an old table top...? Have seen this done on some design program. Think it was a sofa table.
            Pia from Sweden
            No homepage yet...

Comment

Working...
            X