Yankee candle jars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankee candle jars

Does anyone know of a good way to reuse the yankee candle jars - mine are nearly empty, and don't want to just put them in the recycle skip?

Stacey

Could you decorate them with glass paints or decoupage and use them as small vases / pots for odds and ends?

Comment

Hi stacey
      How about recycling them by making a memory jar.....for example:
      new baby(include hospital bracelet birth annoucements, first photo etc,babys weight a mini journal of events) decorate with ribbon around the lid, you could do the same with any special event weddings, birthdays etc its like scrapbooking but in a jar!!
      Hope this idea is helpful
      Kazxxx

Comment

Or filling them up with more wax!! Yankee candle glass is great it is designed not to shatter with heat you could always make yourself some more candles!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

if you've got lots why not try selling them. Good idea make more candles & use the jars again or see if you can add night lights to them, great for the garden, depending on the size of the jar.
          My blog http://setters-delight.blogspot.com

Folksy http://www.justgifts.folksy.com

Comment

Oooh! all great ideas thanks,

Think I will use the little ones as candles and then reuse the larger ones for other purposes as sugested, like the idea of a memory jar, my Brother in Law's wedding is coming up!!

Are you allowed to resell them though?

Comment

I use mine to make little bottled fairies and also as craft storage jars to hold buttons and jewel findings.
              www.maygreen-fairies.co.uk
              www.maygreen-fairies.blogspot.com
              www.facebook.com/maygreenfairies
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/maygreenfairies

Comment

Ooooooooh bottled fairies sound really cool!!!! I need some jars now so I can have a go!!!

Comment

yankee jars

Originally posted by staceyjlew View Post
                  Does anyone know of a good way to reuse the yankee candle jars - mine are nearly empty, and don't want to just put them in the recycle skip?

Stacey
                  hi stacey, if you decide to sell them please let me know, i am looking for these jars and they are proving hard to get atm.. thanks

evon.
                  sweetcheeks

Comment

Just so you know...

Originally posted by staceyjlew View Post
                    Oooh! all great ideas thanks,

Think I will use the little ones as candles and then reuse the larger ones for other purposes as sugested, like the idea of a memory jar, my Brother in Law's wedding is coming up!!

Are you allowed to resell them though?
                    As a Yankee Candle employee I wanted to make sure you knew that, while our jars are made to withstand heat, they are only tempered to stand one full burn. That means our jars are not made to be refilled and burned numerous times and the glass could shatter and cause injury and/or just an awful mess. I'm not saying that it's a definite that the glass will break, or that you shouldn't reuse them for such a purpose. I'm by no means here to tell you what to do. We just do not recommend reusing our jars for such a purpose. I just wanted you to know the risks involved in order for you to keep yourself safe. I hope I don't come off as being brash...

Comment

I would glass paint the jars or etch them with my Dremel and then use them to store buttons, embellishments, pens, you know all the small things you misplace when crafting? Or I'd put little tea light candles inside, wrap wire around the lip of the jar, make a loop and hang them in the garden for summer nights!

Comment

i thought your web site was fantastic, so inspiring! wish i was working so i could buy lots from it. cxx
                        Wishing you the success I also wish for myself
                        May you be blessed with the kindness you show others in life.

Comment

I know it's boring but I use them for storing things - glass jars full of colourful beads look lovely, especially on a shelf!
                          Crafter, baker, painter, beader, blogger, maker
                          Blog: http://beingmrsgardom.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hey,

I like these ideas, they're simple yet look really nice. If it is true about them not being able to withstand heat multiple times this could be a nice alternative. nnc1.jpgnnc2.jpg
                            Florence Nafici
                            www.naturalnotebookcompany.com
                            Facebook
                            Twitter
                            Google Plus

Comment

Working...
                            X