Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic watercolour Palette - Solid

Hello, newbie here.
    I was searching for advice about how to cast or maybe use another method, to make a ceramic palette.
    I have one dating from around 1910 but it has damage. It could be used as a master with a bit of filling and sanding I think.
    Any thoughts or advice welcome.

I am able to make a rubber mould/mold.

Sorry, I also posted this in 'Maker Requests' before I found this one.
    Attached Files

Sorry can't help you on that but I would have thought it easier to buy a new one, plenty of them about. I prefer using ceramic to plastic and bought mine on line.

Welcome to the Crafts forum Chezqui.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
      Sorry can't help you on that but I would have thought it easier to buy a new one, plenty of them about. I prefer using ceramic to plastic and bought mine on line.

Welcome to the Crafts forum Chezqui.

Mo.XX
      Thanks Mo but I think stocks of these will have run out a long time ago. It's a specific size to fit in a space in the 1910 paint tin.

Comment

If you can make a mold from rubber then couldn’t you cast one from resin?

Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dDave View Post
          If you can make a mold from rubber then couldn’t you cast one from resin?

Dave.
          Hi Dave

I could do but that's not what I want to do. I want to cast/make one in porcelain.

Comment

Hello,

If you seriously mean porcelain that is very difficult to do.

If you just mean in ceramics ie clay then you need a kiln to fire it in.

Its not going to be that easy. I would be looking at repairing the one you have with some air drying clay available from most craft suppliers. Because it has to stand up to being wet you need to have a proper sealed surface.

I hope you find a solution.

Shelley

Comment

Originally posted by Lilly42 View Post
              Hello,

If you seriously mean porcelain that is very difficult to do.

If you just mean in ceramics ie clay then you need a kiln to fire it in.

It's not going to be that easy. I would be looking at repairing the one you have with some air drying clay available from most craft suppliers. Because it has to stand up to being wet you need to have a proper sealed surface.

I hope you find a solution.

Shelley
              Hi Shelley

Thanks for that. Maybe I mean clay. I can get access to a kiln. So maybe make a resin mould and push clay into it rather than pour it. Hope it dries and glaze it somehow before putting it in the kiln.

Comment

Working...
              X