Kiln Repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiln Repairs

Hi-I'm a glass fuser not ceramicist but hwta the heck, a kiln's a kiln. Does anyone know somewhere I can get my small paragon kiln repaired?...I'm sure it's something simple as it's not all that old but the last time I tinkered with electrics I burnt my eyebrows off so I don't dare again
    Thanks
    Phil
    Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
    Dichroic Glass Tutorials
    Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

whats wrong with it

What is actually wrog with it. If its the elements then there not that difficult to replace
    http://born2shine.org

Comment

Originally posted by tbobker View Post
      What is actually wrog with it. If its the elements then there not that difficult to replace
      I've cut your signature block down, please note rules 4 & 10 regarding length of sig, and content of sig. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Phil,

Try giving Lee a call at kilncare in stoke - great guys and im sure will help you out.

From a fellow glass fuser!
        Debbie
        www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

Hi- thanks for the response...not sure what's wrong with it to be honest, i'm not very mechanical but it's not getting up to temp...or infact and where near it. It's starts to heat and seems to give up...much like my social life.
          Thanks
          Phil
          Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery & Glass Fusing Blog
          Dichroic Glass Tutorials
          Wholesale Dichroic Fused Glass Jewellery

Comment

Awww Phil...It's not the thermostat is it?? As I said..call Lee at kilncare - im sure he will help you out.

Hope you get sorted soon
            Debbie
            www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

thermostat or elements

Well if its not getting up to heat it can only be the thermostat or the elements?!

If you look inside the spy hole you can see if it actually is up to temp or not. 700 degrees should be red / orange, 1000 should be around orange / yellow 1200 should be bright yellow.

If its not getting up to temp change the elements.

p.s peter you have deleted all my signatures?! rule 4 and 10 i agree however they didn't really violate the rules? Can you justify your signature over mine?
              Last edited by tbobker; 14-04-2007, 03:59 AM.
              http://born2shine.org

Comment

Working...
              X