• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madly Creating
    Super crafter
    • Feb 2009

Liquid Polymer Clay

Does anyone use this and know where I can get some?
    "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James
    Click the scales- rep points are for life, not just for Xmas!
    http://madlyswaps.blogspot.com/
  • pepsi
    Super Big Crafter
    • May 2008

I have some, but only used it once on fairy wings. It shrank quite a lot. So now stick to several coats of UPVA glue on them now. Dare say I will try again sometime. Hope others are more help darl. xxx

Folksy shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/Fairyweb

Comment

• MuranoSilver
      500+ Crafters Club
      • Jun 2008

I got mine from the polymerclay pit
      **FREE to enter monthly draw on my BLOGS**
      Different prize every month
      Jewellery Creations & Shop Blog
      PMC & Silver Clay Hints and Tips Blog

Comment

• ejralph
        Super Big Crafter
        • Nov 2006

Fimo Deko Gel is the Fimo brand version of liquid clay. I stock it in my online store.

What are you hoping to use the liquid clay for out of interest? There may be other products that could also be useful depending on what it is you are wanting to do

Emma
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

• Madly Creating
          Super crafter
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ejralph View Post
          Fimo Deko Gel is the Fimo brand version of liquid clay. I stock it in my online store.

What are you hoping to use the liquid clay for out of interest? There may be other products that could also be useful depending on what it is you are wanting to do

Emma
          Fake cloisonne clay stuff - I've got some instructions, but you need to 'paint' the colours on - hence the liquid stuff.
          "I was inoculated, very early in life, against all forms of magic and elfin whimsy, even when convincingly disguised as literature." Clive James

Comment

• Rhiannon
            100+ crafts club
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Madly Creating View Post
            Fake cloisonne clay stuff - I've got some instructions, but you need to 'paint' the colours on - hence the liquid stuff.
            Not sure what the instructions say but the liquid clay only comes in clear, if you want to paint colours on your best bet is an acrylic based paint.
            Handmade jewellery and accessories using glass, crystals, wire and more!
            www.iridescentdesigns.co.uk

Comment

• Madly Creating
              Super crafter
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Rhiannon View Post
              Not sure what the instructions say but the liquid clay only comes in clear, if you want to paint colours on your best bet is an acrylic based paint.
              And then apply resin to seal?

Comment

• ejralph
                Super Big Crafter
                • Nov 2006

Fimo gel will work just fine for that. Just remember that with all liquid clays you will need to bake them to set them. This can be done the same time as you bake the clay "bezels" or you can make up and bake the clay to be "enamelled" first and then bake it again once the fimo gel is in place.

You can colour the liquid clay with acrylic paints, inks, perfect pearl powders, even glitters look cool mixed into it.

I have also done really nice faux enamel work on clay using epoxy resins (cold enamels) .There is a project in my second book for doing this, so hard to see from the photos, but the actual effect is stunning, just like glass.

Both techniques look very nice if you over the clay with a sheet of faux metal leaf such as Easy Metal first.
                Emma
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                X