Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a custom pot making.

Hello

I keep reptiles and i have an idea in my head that i want a custom feeding bowl to fit the enclosure.

I was going to try making my own, but read that home fired clay is no good for bowls... so i'm looking for someone who could make one for me or show me to make one myself and then fire it for me at the required 2000C.

It would just be a simple thing... a rectangle about 19 inches by about 7 inches and about 1.5 inches deep. Not painted, but very smooth and glazed everywhere except for the bottom of the, erm, the inside.

I'm in Hampshire (UK) but i guess it could come in the post.

Anyone up for the challenge or suggest somewhere that i could go and get it done?

It would be a paid for service, i'm not trying to get away with just paying for the mats

You can get me on my email at chatty_no1@hotmail.com if you want to discuss it further in private.

Thanks
    http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...eptilebowl.jpg

Hi

Are you sure you want it firing to 2000 degrees Celsius?
    At this temperature normal clays will deform/melt and pottery kilns are not designed to reach this temperature.

2000 degrees Farenheit equates to about 1090 degrees Celsius which is the temperature at which many Earthenware clays are fired.

Stoneware clays usually require a temperature of between 1240 to 1300 degrees Celsius.

If you want more info/help you can contact me through the form on my website. (address in signature)

John
    I follow the "Way of the Clay"
    http://www.lockettpots.co.uk

Comment

Hi
      I think your right it has to be "kiln" fired and not in your oven at home and Lockettpots is bang on the money clay wil melt at that temperature in celcuis! ( no bowl just a puddle in the kiln!)

What design do you need email me with the design, colour, sizes if you like.

keep it up!

Comment

Working...
      X