Help - Polymer Clay Cuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Polymer Clay Cuffs

Hi. I am fairly new to polymer clay. I have been making a cuff which once finished I glue to a metal cuff blank, however with the gentle flexing of the cuff when you take it on and off, cracks develop in the cuff. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions on why this might happen or how to avoid it? In making the cuff I have a strip of clay on which I lay clay slices. I then lay that on a metal cuff to shape and bake. Because there are gaps between the clay slices I then undertaking a grouting process and rebake it. Once done I sand it and when done glue it to a new metal blank. I've use premo clay.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi. It all comes down to the properties of the clay and the bake time. You probably need to experiment a bit with the time and possibly even the location of the clay in your oven to find the ideals. As for clay properties, I got my info from this video. There's a table at the end with the properties that I refer back to any time I go to try a new brand or project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ8mh0wVtLY

Comment

Working...
    X