Angel Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Policy

Sorry if this in the wrong place couldn't decide which was the best!
    I would really like to use fimo in my card making designs to sell does anyone know if fimo have an angel policy and by any chance have a copy or know where to find it? Thankyou

I don't see that using Fimo in your cards to sell being a problem....unless you're copying someones design or are using a licensed image (such as Disney or Harry Potter for instance)
    I may be totally wrong but I can't see how they could prevent you using Fimo in items to sell to be honest.... x
    Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

The manufacturing company website is usually the place to start. If there is nothing posted and you are concerned use their contact form or contcat email to ask the question...and then keep a copy of the reply for future reference

Comment

Thankyou have emailed the company will let you know their response x

Comment

Just as you wouldn't ask Homepride if you could use their flour to bake a cake and sell it, there is no reason to ask Fimo if you can use their clay to decorate a card and sell it.

I've never asked Gutermann or Sulky if I can sell something I've sewn or embroidered with their thread, and I have no intention of asking them, either!

Comment

I agree with others - there's no need to ask permission to sell from Fimo.

Unless you are making items that are copies of other people's designs and at that point, the person to ask is the copyright holder.

If you are going to sell though - you do need to inform the tax office and abide by the distance selling regs if you are selling by mail order. Not sure if you are an existing business and know this (if so my apologies) or a start-up.

If you are just starting out, check out the tutorials page on my website as there are some useful articles if you scroll down to the bottom of the page that cover all the basics for selling and pricing work. THey include a lot of useful links on the legal side of things
            Emma
            www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
            www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
            www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

While I agree that it may sometimes be unnecessary to check and you'd think that a company selling craft items would mean that once you bought the various items you could use them freely to make something with them and then do what you wish with those completed items - otherwise why would anyone buy these things?

But there are companies who sell items that are solely intended for crafting use but that have a restricted use policy attached. Many of these companies sell items that are only for personal use and that cannot be used in a project that once completed will be sold...and in many cases that includes sales solely to raise funds for charity.

This definitely applies to the paper crafting field. Well known and highly respected companies selling toppers, stickers, printed images, basic kits etc are affected and the well known tv selling channels have come unstuck in the past and ended up giving mass refunds when crafters bought card making products only to find they were restricted use. Now you will hear presenters saying if the angel policy allows selling of cards made with the products - and some will say limited selling/charity selling, while others are unrestricted.

I'm not sure how any company would go about policing usage, but the small print on some packaging clearly states the products are purely personal use.

As the world becomes more litigious, it doesn't hurt to double check and know you are not going to fall foul of any legal restriction.

Comment

Fimo is a material....as is silver, silver clay, even clay and glass. You don't need to ask manufacturers of these mediums permission to sell finished items so I don't see why Fimo would be any different. You wouldn't even need to say it's Fimo....just use 'polymer clay' in your description.
                x
                Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

Thankyou for your help I am a start up so just gathering policies and things then going to make some templates etc then I'll register. All your help is invaluable and you are all so helpful thankyou x

Comment

Working...
                  X