Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also - liquid in clay..?

Also

-if I were to make something from polymer, then glaze and put a liquid inside, would this eventually damage the clay?

-When you bake the polymer object you make, does it stay in shape or blend with other clays?

feel a bit silly asking but thought I should before I attempt something adventurous as this..

KayleighAnn
    My Homemade Life

Or at least the early beginnings

it would be down to the glaze and the seal that it makes. You'd need a non water based glze that was suitable for dealing with the liquid you intend to use. You'd need several coats to ensure that the liquid didn't contact with the clay.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Thankyou
      My Homemade Life

Comment

You would be best to use one of the glazes actually made by the clay companies. Fimo do both a gloss and semi-gloss varnish. Sculpey also do their own varnishes.

The reason I advise getting those is they are chemically compatible with the baked clay. You can find many other varnishes on the market are not and might never dry on the clay, or dry but then turn tacky or sticky later.

At least with the company's own glazes you know you wont have any problems
        Emma
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
        www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
        www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Thankyou

KayleighAnn
          My Homemade Life

Comment

Working...
          X