No announcement yet.

on the hunt for dolly mixture/liquorice fimo clay wholesale suppliers PLEASE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the hunt for dolly mixture/liquorice fimo clay wholesale suppliers PLEASE

I am on the hunt for a wholesale supplier of dolly mixture/liquorice beads please.

I have found many on eBay but want big stock and cheaper prices.

I plan to make some of these bracelets but if they do not work then I want to sell the stock on eBay so obviously want to make some money and not be out of profit.

Having searched for hours on the internet, am I right in thinking these these are canes/tubes that are then cut and you make them yourself?

I don't mind doing this if that is the case but I cannot find anyone that selles them other than eBay or other websites where understandably people already selling these will not let me know their supplier (wouldn't even dare ask ).

Any info greatly appreciated
    www.beads-charms.co.uk

I buy these from The Bead Shop Scotland (don't think i'm allowed to post links yet but if you google you should find it..), and they are brilliant quality. Not exactly cheap but they are very well made! Also I came across a website called Scrummy Beads where a lady makes these herself and she sells them on her website. I'm going to have a go at making these myself soon to see if it's any cheaper!
    www.gemmamaysgemsjewellery.co.uk
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/gemmamaysgems
    www.twitter.com/gemmamaysgems
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Nor...16018881782748

Comment

It will certainly be cheaper to make them yourself - and great fun too!

Most of the dolly mixture / alsorts types of beads are really easy to make from Fimo - you can use things like Deco Beads too to create the bobbly ones - forget what they are called now

Most just involve layering sheets of different coloured clays together and then cutting them into cubes and making a hole. How easy is that?!

The best part of making them yourself, is that you need to buy copious amounts of the real sweets, for research purposes ;-)
      Emma
      www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
      www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
      www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

This is a lady I have purchased from in the past http://www.beautyandthebeadz.com/our...all-Beads.html
        but I agree with Emma, it is cheaper to make your own. I love the idea of the research ;-)
        Bedecked Beads-Handcrafted Jewellery from Scotland

http://www.facebook.com/bedeckedbeads

Comment

I'm pretty sure that all these shops don't buy the FImo sweets from a supplier but have them made by their staff or an artist. I also searched high and low and ended up asking someone I know to make some to sell in the shop (not online), she even made some very cute chillies! If you can master Fimo clay, I'd definitely give it a go. The liquorice are definitely the easiest one to make, and the chocolate bars are also really easy. The only problem you're facing is investing in lots of colours of fimo and tools and reading tutorials. I must say that the person I asked is very experienced with making beads out of Fimo, so if you know someone, you could also ask them.
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Bea View Post
            .... The only problem you're facing is investing in lots of colours of fimo and tools and reading tutorials....
            Without meaning to be contrary, I would have to disagree with this.

If you wanted to make simple dolly mixtures, you could easily start out with next to nothing at do a good job. YOu would just need 4 blocks of clay (white, red, yellow, blue) and you could mix all the pastel shades you need from that.

To form the beads, you just need something to roll out thin layers - such as an acrylic rolling pin and rolling guides of a certain thickness. Both of these things though, you could work around and probably find something in the odds and sods drawer at home to do the trick. You can borrow tools from the kitchen to use for polymer clay, so long as you can clean them thoroughly afterwards.

To cut the beads into squares etc, you would be wise to invest in some cutting blades. Again though, I managed for the best part of a decade just using sharp knives and razor blades / stanley knife blades. Wooden toothpicks are still my own piercing tool of choice. Bake the beads in your kitchen oven, on an old metal baking tray covered with baking paper, or an old glazed ceramic tile. What could be easier?

There really is very little to it when making simply dolly mixture type beads. You are just stacking layers of different coloured clay sheets together and cutting them into squares. It really is the perfect beginner project and will teach you so much about colour mixing, handling the clay, baking etc.

To get started making these types of beads, it would probably cost you less than ordering in a pizza - so my advice to anyone is, don't be daunted.

Emma
            Emma
            www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
            www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
            www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X