Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icing :)

Hi Everyone,

I have some questions I hope someone can help me. Ive been searching the internet and can't find answers to this or at least som kind of tutorial.

1) i'm interested in making cupcakes and I dont really like the look of just swirling a long cyclinder into a peak for the top. I've seen a topping that looks like real piper icing. I cannot find anywhere how to do this. Does anyone know please?

2) I've seen some people using liquid sculpey for certain things. Which is best sculpey or fimo? and I was wondering whether this could be used to create realistic piped icing, just not sure how!

Thank you in advance
    xx

There is a product called silicone cream clay, which when piped, looks like frosting, but the only place I've seen it offered is a overseas site at www.tinkleartncrafts.com. Might be worth googling 'silcone cream clay' though, in case you can find it elsewhere. A tutorial in a recent Beads & Beyond featured a mini ice-cream sundae using that product
    ContinuumDesigns- artisan polymer clay beads for one-of-a-kind designs.

The FHFTeam - featuring glass, jewellery and art handmade in the UK.

Comment

You might also be able to experiment in mixing together Fimo Gel and Fimo Clay into a paste and using that.

I would experiment and make some tests on a ceramic tile or something before going ahead on any important projects, but it could be a fun project to try.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Emma
      Emma
      www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
      www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
      www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

Working...
      X